“good food at a fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 223 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: Chinese
Ocean View, Delaware
“good food at a fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Based on other TA reviews, we decided to give this one a go. We were not disappointed. This favorably compared to our favorite local Maryland Chinese restaurant. For this visit, we chose carry out - and ordered at the restaurant. Order was prepared quickly and boxed nicely. While waiting, observed that (1) this place was full of patrons; (2) food coming from the kitchen was both ample and well-presented; (3) as customers entered, it was clear that many of them are repeat diners. Noise level was acceptable. The decor of the restaurant is very dated - but most of us do not go to a Chinese restaurant for the ambiance. The restaurant was very clean (carpet, windows, tables). We tried the Mandarin dinner (per person, entree, pupu platter, rice, soup) and the dinner for two fed three adults with leftovers. Additionally, our special request in food prep - no msg or onion - was honored. Will definitely return.

Visited May 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Love the Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been eating at Tea Garden for over 10 years and love it. The food is great. Although all the of the dishes are tasty, we usually order the sesame chicken and it is made with chunks of white meat chicken (versus some other chinese restaurants where there is not a lot of "meat" and a lot of breading). All of the soups are good, especially the egg drop. The tea is complimentary. Not a fancy restaurant but it is worth the drive.

• Visited January 2013
Arvada, Colorado
“Not terribly impressed but will go back and try again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had lunch here recently. I ordered the pork lo mein with an egg roll and started off with egg drop soup. Everything was edible but not great. The service was adequate although our server was very odd in that he would not make eye contact with me or my companion and certainly offered no smile or hint of personality. This would be the second time I've been to this restaurant. The first time was in 2006 and I had dinner with friends here. I think the seven year gap in visits pretty much says it all for me. On the other hand, this restaurant has been around for quite a while and has very loyal customers. I want to go back one more time for dinner just to make sure I'm not making an unduly hasty decision. I am still in search of a new Chinese restaurant (my 20+ year favorite was displaced by WalMart) and this one was not bad. It was just so very ordinary (except for the odd server).

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Worth the Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Tea garden is the best, by far. I used to live in Arvada and would have lunch here 1-3 times per week. I now live in Erie, Co and drive here about once a month. They have the best hot and sour soup and egg rolls. I recommend the Twice Cooked Pork and Kung Pao Beef, but everything is GOOD!

• Visited October 2012
Arvada, Colorado
“Best of Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We have dined at this restaurant many times and each time has been a great experience. The food is very fresh and at the right temperature. We have enjoy a variety of menu items. Thr Poo Poo platter is a good starting point. Also the lettuce wrap is another favorite choice. The sweet and sour anything [ pork or shrimp] also provide a tasty treat. I have the hot and sour soup as my starter. You will never get a bad review from thie restaurant. Everything is made to order of the client.

• Visited November 2012