“First time rafting, made easy” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 3 Attractions in Almont
Type: Tours, Adventure
Stanley, Falkland Islands
“First time rafting, made easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went white-water rafting with these guys through Harmel's Ranch Resort. I was nervous as I'm unsure around water, but our guide was brilliant, going through all the safety checks and making it a very fun, exciting event.

Allen, TX
“Whitewater Rafting on the Lower Taylor River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family of 4 (kids ages 5 & 7) had a fabulous time whitewater rafting on the Lower Taylor River last week. Matt was our guide. I appreciated how he patiently answered my 7yo's million questions, and how he maintained a laid-back approach while keeping safety first. I definitely recommend rafting with him via Three Rivers!

Visited August 2013
Corrales, NM
13 attraction reviews
“Rafting, fishing, and horseback riding all highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at the resort for 3 nights and signed up for the three activities.
White Water Rafting: We chose the white water rafting on the upper Taylor, which in July, is pretty mild and perfectly fine for our 8 year old. The kids loved it. The trip through the Canyon was beautiful and there was enough white water to keep everyone entertained, but nothing even remotely scary. This was a short trip, perhaps 1.5 hour on the water; 2.5 hours total. Our guide was the owner's son who was pleasant and accommodating. We all got a little wet and jumped in the water at our mid-point break. I recommend swimming suits and Keens. We each participated in rowing at the direction of our guide, which the kids loved. We stopped for a cold beer and drinks at the resort grill after the trip. I recommend this trip.
Fishing: We arranged for a full day guided fishing trip on private water on the East River through the integrated fly shop. Our guide as a 30 year old who has guided for years locally. He took my son and I out to water behind Crested Butte in Gunnison headwaters. The river meandered through the flatlands with many undercut banks and a variety of water. The guide spent most of the time with my 15 year old son, and helped him catch quite a few fish, including the largest at 17". I fished mostly on my own and caught a dozen or so, up to 16". All were native browns. Our guide didn't spend a lot of time teaching us but he did give tips on fish location and casting into the wind. He was extremely patient and friendly and through his efforts, my son got a great taste for fly fishing. It was a tough day fishing since the wind depressed the hatch, and we learned to cast into a stiff wind, but we had a great trip. The only downside was the so-so lunch provided. Our guide was not a clock watcher and kept us out to finish fishing the runs we wanted. After getting dropped off at the resort, we enjoyed a delicious gin and tonic at the resort grill. I would definitely use this guide service again and would spring for the private water surcharge.
Horseback Riding: The resort arranged for horseback riding through Fantasy Ranch, which I believe would make a good name for a brothel. I didn't go on this trip, but my wife took my 8 and 12 year old daughters who have some basic horseback riding experience. They reported back that the ride was extraordinarily beautiful as they rode in the meadows and forest north of Crested Butte. The horses were energetic and they were able to handle them well. They would definitely return.
All three experiences were excellent and we highly recommend each of these.

Bethalto, Illinois
“Excellent Guided Rafting Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We wanted to do some white water rafting while in the area but were a bit afraid since we were not sure what to expect. We ended up going on the upper taylor river which was a class 3 at the time and it was a lot of fun! Nothing too scary but it was still a thrill. Our guide was very knowledgable and pointed out a lot of fun climbing areas as we went down the river.

denver
30 attraction reviews
“Upper Taylor is one of the best raft trips in Colorado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This summer we have been rafting 3 times: Browns Canyon (Arkansas River), Colorado River (Glenwood Canyon Shoshone put in) and the Upper Taylor with 3RO. The upper Taylor was our favorite trip. 3 Rivers does a great job, but the river really makes it. More scenic than the others, and constant action, no downtime of aimlessly drifting along.

The only drawback I would say is that when we went 3 Rivers had 18 boats going. It was a few more people than I like, but they did a good job handling the masses and keeping us spread out.

Visited August 2012