“A real log paradise on the top of a mountain” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alma
Prices are for rooms, adults
Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
52516 Highway 9, Alma, CO 80420   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Alma B&B and Inns
NY
“A real log paradise on the top of a mountain”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

First let me say, that I can not take credit for finding this amazing bit of Paradise. My brother Larry and his wife Margie are to get all the credit. The pictures he showed me on line do no justice as to how magnificent this place really is. When we first arrived the home owner Ernie was there to greet us at the door. Once inside my mouth remained open and I felt my throat tighten as he gave us the grand tour of “Mountain comfort “. Each room was just as beautiful as the next. My brother worked real hard in finding the most perfect Bed and Breakfast Colorado had to offer and he certainly succeeded in finding one. As we strolled through their Log Cabin Ernie explained that Sandy was busy upstairs making home made Banana nut bread and would be down shortly. You have to know that each and every room is perfectly decorated to the Theme. We ourselves had the Pine room; every bit of décor is done beautifully. Ernie gave full credit to his wife in how she coordinated the tiniest detail to the Pine Theme along with every other Theme in their home. My brother and his family stayed in the Wolf room and even the bathroom shower curtains went with the Wolf Theme it was just amazing to see how long and hard Sandy worked at transforming every single room in their home. They had a Moose room that I will say was my favorite because of how much sunlight came into the room; there are 7 bedrooms in all. They ranged from the Bear room, the Log cabin and the Wilderness and one that I apologize I can not recall the name. You will not go wrong in any of these rooms. Every one of them will offer you all the amenities you could ask for. There are 3 floors to this Log Cabin and when I say Log Cabin I mean this is the Real McCoy! It had been a dream of mine to always stay in one, but never in all my dreams did I imagine that our stay could be as wonderful as it was. The entire Cabin is truly some thing out of Architectural Digest Magazine. The top floor is the place to retire with its 70 inch screen TV with a DVD player, a nice long leather couch with a recliner or for the more energetic vacationers a nice new exercise bike to start or end your day. When Sandy entered the room to meet up with us it was easy to see why this Bed and Breakfast was so fantastic. Ernie and Sandy are the most incredible hosts you could ask for. We all felt like we had become part of their family. From baking us the Banana nut bread to the delicious home made cake to hot chocolate, hot apple cider board games galore they made us feel completely welcome into their home. I will tell you that my friend Lynn and I live in Long Island NY and we are no strangers to Bed And Breakfast resorts. Over the last 10 years we have stayed in quite a few of them through out NJ and New Hope Pennsylvania and they are widely known for there large number of different B & B you can choose from, and I for one am extremely particular about where we stay. Well folks Ernie and Sandy earn the 5 Stars for their Mountain Comfort B & B…The morning we left after an incredibly delicious breakfast that was to Die for, we said our good byes and was once again moved to tears as they embraced us as if they had known us forever. Colorado is without a doubt a Gorgeous State to visit but one can not leave their vacation until they experience the hospitality and beauty that the “Mountain Comfort has to offer, no visit could possibly be complete without experiencing at least one night at this resort. We will cherish our memories for the rest of our lives!!

• Liked — That it was a real True Log Cabin resort in every single detail!
  • Disliked — Nothing at all. It was perfecto
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)

Been to Mountain Comfort Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!