“AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Allenspark
Cuisines: French, German, Austrian, International, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Fawn Brook Inn is the premier fine dining establishment in the mountains of Boulder County. Family owned and operated for over 34 years. Austrian head chef and owner Herman Groicher along with his wife Mieke specialize in traditional cuisine prepared with unmatched commitment to culinary excellence. Experienced staff perform table-side meal preparation in time-honored methods; the unforgettable European style atmosphere is the perfect special occasion setting for couples, families, groups, weddings and other events. Private dining rooms available on request. World class meal selections prepared fresh daily include: Black Angus Filet, Duckling, Lamb, Elk, Chicken, Trout, Black Forest Rouladen and many others starting at $31. Soup and salad included with all entrees. World class wine cellar, premium spirit and beer selections. Specialty gourmet meal offerings for couples.
Colorado
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hermann and Mieke Groicher have never let my wife and I down. From the quaint setting to the 5 star dining. This is the place not to miss when in Estes Park. The homemade soups are awe-inspiring. This time I had the chilled apricot and raspberry cream soup..... SOUP? tasted like dessert! For dinner I had the Chateau Briand. Excellent! We were full but did not leave without taking home dessert. Thank you Hermann and Mieke for all your hard work!

• Visited June 2013

Three Rivers, California
“5 Stars all the way!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

A guy I met on a plane last Spring told me about this place after I told him that I announce the Rooftop Rodeo in Estes Park, CO. After a day of jeeping in Pierson Park my wife and I stopped in and man are we glad we did. Will, Meika, and Herrman were all very hospitable and the smoked trout was the best! We sat outside in Meika's lovely garden and enjoyed our dinner and wine. This is 5 star so don't expect your food in a hurry because good food doesn't work that way. Meika gave us the grand tour of this historical place and showed us their expansive wine cellar. We even bought their cookbook! If you are looking for the best in fine dining in a rural Rocky Mountain atmosphere then this is the place. See you all again soon!

• Visited June 2013
Boulder, CO
“Charming old-world atmosphere, but prices are over the top”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After living in Boulder, CO for 20+ years, finally made it to Fawn Brook Inn. As we walked in to the cozy log cottage, a fire flickering in the grate, I felt like I'd entered some vintage spot in the mountains of Bavaria. The classic continental menu, too, harks back a half-century. And while the overall experience was delightful - particularly the gracious service we received from sous chef Will (we were the only customers on a winter Monday night) - everything is in need of updating to remotely warrant the prices. From a glass of wine starting at $9 to entrees averaging $40 + (though all do come with an appetizer and light dinner salad) and desserts over $10, I felt like I should have been enjoying some truly impressive and/or creative cuisine. Yet though the food was good, it wasn't great. All the way around, flavors were too understated. I had the seafood pasta, which was nice but not memorable. My husband felt the same way about his duck. When the tab for our party of four, with a nice tip for attentive Will, came to $275 for dinner, a drink or two a piece and one shared dessert, I concluded that we probably wouldn't be back to the Fawn Brook for quite a while. That said, the setting is so special and romantic that if the menu were updated, a bit of bric-a-brac removed from the interior, and the prices scaled back at least 10-15%, I'd be excited to return for my next special occasion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“Most romantic restaurant in Boulder County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Recently, we had a good fortune to dine at the Fawn Brook Inn, and the rewards for dining there linger long after you've gone. Quite possibly, this is the most charming restaurant in Colorado. Tucked off a busy little highway that leads into Estes Park, the restaurant offers an experience that you can only find traveling in Europe And while we have marvelous restaurants in Boulder, many are quite similar, high-tech and small plates, but almost no restaurant has the incredible feel of the Fawn Brook and its mountain setting. I imagine in summer it would be breath-taking, but on a chilly February night, with the snow falling, it was absolutely magical. The well-prepared food, is the stick-to-your ribs fare that I grew up with as a child. My Dad was a chef, an old world chef. He could cook your socks off. The food at the Fawn Brook is brought to your table by properly trained staff, in a very warm and relaxed manner. You needn't rush through all the courses set before you...and the ambiance so remarkable that were I younger and looking for a place to have a wedding reception, this would be the place. If you check the menu on their website beforehand, you'll know exactly what dishes are created in the kitchen and a fair idea of the price. You needn't arrive shocked by the entrees or the cost of each dish. You get what you pay for and at the Fawn Brook Inn, what you get is a memorable experience. It's my new best favorite and we can't wait to return.

• Visited February 2013
Allenspark, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Night to Remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

European cooking, authentic old world style, generous hospitality, impressive wine cellar. From owners Hermann and Mika Groicher to young sous chef Will, this is the place you'll want to remember, always.

Visited October 2012