“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allenspark Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allenspark
Allenspark Lodge
You added Allenspark Lodge to your Saves list
184 Main Street, Highway 7 Business Rt., P.O. Box 247, Allenspark, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO 80510   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Allenspark B&B and Inns
Magnolia, Texas
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Our group had so much fun it was like staying in a tree house. The food was excellent and family style we got to know each other more then if we ate out. The big barrel hot tub was a hoot! Bill and Juantia were so nice and she even made me a sack breakfast when I had to leave at the crack of dawn for my van ride to DIA. In this less is more and I enjoyed myself with no cell phone and TV (they do have movies). Sophie( the dog) was the most well mannered dog I have ever seen. I took a picture of her and she even posed.

• Stayed September 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I enjoyed our stay at Allenspark Lodge. We stayed in the Teddy Bear Room and found it quite charming. We loved not having cell phones, TV, etc. We did two nights of watching movies on their TV set. We especially enjoyed the morning breakfasts served family style. Their dog, Sophie, was friendly and knew the house rules. Even though we were in town, it felt like we were alone in the country. I got to meet their horses on the last day of our stay. We stayed three nights and I wish we had stayed more. I loved the host and hostess of the inn. Any one wanting a great place to stay in the Rocky Mountain Naitonal Park area would be well advised to book here for the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Ever since I discovered the Allenspark Lodge 10 years ago I've been hooked. I've stopped by for the night when I was traveling through, and also planned trips to the area so that I could specifically stay at the lodge. Bill and Juanita the hosts and owners are very charming and gracious. The lodge itself has all of the rustic charm of a well kept log lodge. There is no cell phone or TV service to interrupt your relaxing. However, there is a great movie library; puzzles and books galore; and a great hot tub all available to entertain you after your day of sight seeing, hiking, horseback riding, or climbing. Breakfast is incredible and very filling. I've often taken an all day hike or climb without feeling hungry until at least 2pm. And, I've always found the prices to be quite reasonable. The views are great and there is plenty to do especially if you are big on outdoor activities. Oh I also can't get enough of the chocolate chips cookies.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Allenspark Lodge is an authentic wooden beam lodge with plenty of character. The owners are extremely friendly and nice. But be aware that the place has the feeling of staying with family which comes with "Game rules" and therefore we felt there was little flexibility. The customer is always right doesn't seem to apply. Breakfast is at 9 - no exceptions, so if your a hiker and want an early start this is not the place for you. However, breakfast is homemade and lovely.
Though in a small town, it is not remote or secluded. The room we stayed in (Mom's room) was very small and due to the overhang outside the window, only provided a view of the tarmac road outside. For the first time in a B&B I noticed the Linens, which were poor, especially the towels.
The Lodge being made of wooden beams carries the sound far and loud. We could hear all conversations in the reception downstairs.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
AllensparkLodge, Owner at Allenspark Lodge, responded to this review, July 31, 2010
This is Bill Martin from the Allenspark Lodge B&B. I rarely respond to anonymous postings, because 40 years ago, my Texan grandpa told me "You should never get into a spitting match if you are the only one wearing a blindfold". I think at the time he was talking about anonymous phone calls, but it still applies. But, marketing folks say we should respond, so I'll give it a whirl.

The reason the place has the feeling of staying in someones home is because it IS our home. We have a bedroom upstairs and share the rest of our home with everyone else. We start off with a tour of our home with information like: Please don't feed the dog (20 "just one" chocolate chip cookies a day would kill her), don't let the dog in your room (we have some guests with dog allergies, and they need a safe haven), don't let the dog out (we live in a leash-law county), etc.

Breakfast is served at 9:am on weekends, and 8:am on weekdays, family style. We ring a brass bell and everyone comes down and eats all at once and it's great fun! We will pack a bag breakfast for hikers if they are leaving early, but they need to tell us (Juanita is frighteningly good at reading MY mind, but I am dismal at guessing what others are thinking).

Our lodge is located at "184 Main Street" in Allenspark, CO. That is in town. Less than 500 people, but a town. I wonder if I could talk everyone else into leaving?

The roof was added over the deck 60 or so years ago. One of the daughters of the owner who put it up thinks that "Daddy put it there so we girls couldn't sun bathe so close to the road". Don't know, I wasn't there.

We have "Forest Green" and "Burgundy" towels, no lace (it's a LODGE). If anybody knows where we can get reasonably priced towels that are NOT "Military Olive Drab" or "Rust Orange", please email me!.

Sound does carry here. That is why we don't take kids under 14. Sorry.

And lastly, I have a sign over the bar that says "Notice To Our Guests- It is our policy that the customer is always right. If you are wrong, please leave now." Sigh. I thought it was funny,

Bill Martin, Allenspark Lodge B&B
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Allenspark lodge is a traditional wood lodge with cozy seating, lots of public space area, fire places and a hot tub. The varied and excellent breakfast is cooked every morning and served at 08:00 and at 09:00 on weekends. Very good selection of hiking guides. For dining one has to drive to Estes Park, some 15 miles away. There is a small but good cafe in Allenspark.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Alta Loma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

A beautiful lodge especially if you like rustic log cabins. Our room was small but cute. The common area was wonderful for a group to meet in and the hosts were terrific. Breakfast was served family style and gave us a chance to meet others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
SW Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed here the last night of a 4 day inn to inn hike. Bill and Juanita were wonderful hosts and made you feel right at home. Sophie the dog (official greeter) made it even more so.

Breakfast was wonderful as well. Our room was small but clean. The only downfall was the double bed which was too short for my 6'1" husband to sleep comfortably in, but that was a minor set back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Allenspark
Stanley Hotel
The Maxwell Inn
The Maxwell Inn
#1 of 28 in Estes Park
5.0 of 5 stars 261 reviews

Been to Allenspark Lodge? Share your experiences!