“Allenspark Lodge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Allenspark Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Allenspark
Allenspark Lodge
You added Allenspark Lodge to your Saves list
184 Main Street, Highway 7 Business Rt., P.O. Box 247, Allenspark, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO 80510   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Allenspark B&B and Inns
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Allenspark Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just spent the week-end with my quilt group at the Allenspark Lodge. We had a relaxing and fun week-end. Bill and Juanita made us feel like we were home with them in their lodge located in Allenspark, Colorado. They made the most wonderful, delicious food. It made my mouth water just smelling it every meal. The food was amazing and if you were still hungry, it's your own fault. Everything was so enjoyable, from the food, to the dog Sofia and the Dove cooing, to enjoying our time sewing in the sunroom. The rooms were clean and nice. I highly recommend you checking out this lodge if you plan to stay in Colorado up in the Rocky Mountain Park area.

Room Tip: The honeymoon room is so lovely!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Finding the lodge on the Internet in 2008 was a blessing! I wrote in the log book of Room 20 that this was my idea of what a lodge should be.

That first, of many, visits was made with the fall colors of Colorado beckoning me to hike or take rides even farther on into Rocky Mountain National Park. Locally there are two entrances into The Park where hiking trails offer splended exercise along with the scenery: tall, healthy trees; gratifying mountain views; wildlife; and a roiling stream forming cascades and waterfalls.

In the lodge area, one can rent horses for local trail rides. Various members of my family and I have enjoyed this activity with the bonus of pleasant wranglers, wonderful views, and (of course) accommodating horses.

My family, with grandchildren old enough to be able to be registered at the lodge, has returned many times. Perhaps Room 20 will always be my favorite because it was my first, but with more of us on a visit, we've found The Apartment to suit our needs very well and comfortably.

Our group has always expected a rustic charm in a mountain lodge, and we have not been disappointed in this historic structure hosted by Juanita and Bill. As for the delicious breakfasts, they have always presented such a variety of dishes that each member of our family comes away warm and ready for the day's activities.

We've always enjoyed meeting other guests, many who are from outside the USA, and often a table conversation can linger long after the food has been consumed. Continuations can take place while sitting in the game room or Great Room, even during hikes, or while merely rocking on the balcony.

In choosing a place in the mountains with a change from city life and style, we have expected hospitality, cozy accommodations, and tasty breakfasts; we have not been disappointed.

Therefore, my family members, singly or in groups, have now enjoyed the offerings of Allenspark Lodge Bed and Breakfast for seasons of 6 years.

• Stayed September 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our family stayed in "The Apartment" for five days. This was the only room able to accommodate four people. We stayed here based on reviews from this website. We were seeking a place removed from the crowds in Estes Park, yet close to RMNP. First the good points: Owners Juanita and Bill are gracious hosts. They are friendly people and more than willing to offer advice and suggestions to enhance your stay. They are knowledgeable about the park's hiking trails. If you didn't do your research beforehand, they have many books available that provide visitor information about the area. Juanita is a very good cook and baking is her specialty. Besides breakfast, warm chocolate chip cookies regularly appear each afternoon for guests to enjoy. My son avoids gluten, dairy, and soy. Juanita had no problem providing specially prepared breakfast items for him each morning. That was greatly appreciated. Now, the not so good: If you are allergic to dust, you probably shouldn't come here. This is a log house and the logs are not dusted. There was visible dust along every log in every room of our apartment. The microwave did not work. The kitchen carpet was stained. The screened door to our balcony did not close properly allowing insects to enter when we had it open for air flow. The yard around the lodge is unkempt. A little more attention to flowers, trees, and shrubs would go a long way to giving the lodge a more welcoming appearance. The road where the lodge is located is not attractive, and the views from the lodge are not that good. Regarding breakfast, the sausage was burned every morning and the chicken strips were leathery. Other items were well prepared. Considering that we were spending $170 a night to stay here, we were underwhelmed. Juanita and Bill need to pay more attention to upkeep. They should have this under better control since they have operated the lodge for 16 years.

Room Tip: "The Apartment" is on the second floor with a room above it. The floors creak. If someone...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gainesville, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you go away hungry from breakfast it's your own fault. Juanita's breakfasts are amazing!! Were were there for 4 nights and she served something different every day. You have your choice of dishes or a little of everything. EVERYTHING was just awesome. Bill and Juanita were wonderful hosts. This is the perfect place for your mountain get away.

Room Tip: We had the Apartment. It has a full kitchen and sleeps up to 4. It worked great for our group!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you went away hungry from Juanita's breakfast it's your own fault. Everything was absolutely wonderful. A nice variety to pick from or a little of everything, your choice. We were there for 4 nights and she prepared different dishes every morning. Bill and Juanita are GREAT hosts.

Clinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was my second year at lodge. Went with3 girls for hiking trip. We stayed in apartment this year and it was perfect for larger group. We where able to hike each day then chill out togetther in evening. We all raced in from car to be the first to get chocholate chip cookies. We learned more about local trails and lightening safety on trail We all enjoyed family style breakfast and converstations with everyone at table. There is wii but no cell service so we could keep family posted by email or facebook. Bill and Quanita helped calm the girls when we where late returning from hike. The personal touch and quite location is a perfect match for us.

Room Tip: love the apartment
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I were visiting family in Estes Park, CO and decided to take up an offer from my parents to watch the kiddo for an evening so we could escape. I booked a night at the Allenspark Lodge for my wife and I in the Carousel Room.

Check-in was pretty painless. Another couple was there right at 3pm also and after we took care of all the paperwork we were given a tour of the place and shown to our rooms.

Small tip that I didn't see posted anyplace else!!! NONE of the rooms lock from the outside. When you are in them you can lock the door but from the hall there is no way to lock the room. The owner didn't seem concerned about this and I don't see any reports of anyone having anything stolen so it must not be too big of an issue, but I still took most of my valuables with me when I left.

The room itself was small but nice. The entire lodge is made of wood: floors, ceiling, walls, everything so it does tend to creak a bit and it's not a good sound barrier. I could clearly hear the people in the hall, thankfully no one was in the room next to us.

Another tip that I didn't see posted or missed it if it was!! The rooms have no televisions! Also the WiFi is not to be used for streaming movies, so if you're like me and can't go to sleep without the telly on, you'll need to pack a laptop and some DVD's to watch. The only TV in the entire place is in the den and it's hooked up to a VCR (not joking) with no cable or Dish or anything.

So what makes this place worth $120+ a night? The service and the food! The owners are amazing and very helpful. The breakfast is plentiful and extremely delicious! Breakfast is "family style" where you take one and pass the dish to your left. You get to know your fellow lodge-mates and it's all quite nice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Allenspark Lodge? Share your experiences!