“Nice, Clean, Affordable and Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice, Clean, Affordable and Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was pleasantly impressed with the hotel. The grounds were nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the attendants were pleasant and helpful. It was a great launchpad to check out the Great Sand Dune National Park too!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bwalamosainn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello! Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that our team was friendly and were able to help you with any accomodations. I would like to also thank you for the compliment to our facilities that we have set up just for you and your little furry friend. We hope to see you again some time in the future!

Bina Rathi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Belper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was a pleasant and comfortable property with an excellent breakfast, and close to plenty of places to eat in the evening.

The staff were all charming.

The pool was a good size and well maintained.

The bonus was the beautiful garden and fountain outside the breakfast room window. Splashing water through the open doors made a lovely start to the day, and it was a shady spot to sit with a book when I came back after a day's sight-seeing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello, and thank you for staying with us. We enjoy your feedback on our property and glad to hear we're keeping people happy. We work very hard to keep the grounds clean, pool as clean as possible, and to help you feel right at home when you stay with us. We definitely look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future.

Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

October, 2011 we stopped at this motel, we were cold and tired from an accident. We asked if they have a hot tub. We were told, yes, they have a hot tub. We paid, went to the room, unpacked, put on swimsuits and headed for the hot tub. What did we find? A non-working hot tub, half full and cold water. We were extremely disappointed the owners did not tell us the hot tub was broken. We will never stay there again. Also, the room was old and tired, needs major refurbishing. Beware if you stay here, they will not tell you the truth.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello! Firstly, I'd like to apologize that you didn't not have a very nice experience with our hotel. Our front desk staff may have been ill informed and told you incorrect information by mistake. We have made many renovations since last year and would be happy to welcome you back to see how we have grown and learned from feedback (whether good or bad) and have been making the necessary adjustments to better suit everyone's needs. I hope if you find yourself in this area again, you'll choose to stay with us so we can show you how much we've grown.

Thanks,
Southern Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Surprise 1: On regard to the exterior corridors of the property I requested upper floor when I booked the room. Upon arrival I received a room on the ground floor. Because the upper floor was not guaranteed we did not worry about that.

Surprise 2: When we tried to open the door of the room with the key-card it did not work. I returned to the receceptionist and asked for another room. He stated that no one would be available. Instead he proposed to join us for opening the door with newly edited key cards as soon as he had settled the check in of an actually present new incoming guest. Shortly later he joined us and experienced the same problem with the new set of cards and finally opened the door with his general key card. He told us the door lock needs a re-configuration which would take a couple of minutes. When I again requested to change to another room he again rejected. In fact he returned within five minutes with the General Manager and another set of key-cards and showed that they worked.

Surprise 3: Meanwhile becoming skeptical I tried the key-cards again after they had left and experienced that on a second try the key-cards did not work anymore. I returned again to the reception where new guests were checking in and asked again for a new room. The General Manager was present. While the receptionist still insisted that there are no rooms available for a move the General Manager realized that there had been just at this moment a cancellation of four rooms which gave us the opportunity to move to a room on the second floor. This room did not look like an upgrade but seemed to be similar with the one we left on the first floor. The key-cards worked properly and we moved our luggage to the room. On that occasion the General Manager stated that he cannot be held responsible for broken door locks.

Surprise 4: After having been settled in the room I started to work at the small desk when I felt something soft on the floor. At a closer look it turned out to be a single sock – probably a left-over from a previous guest. I wondered if or how frequent vacuum-cleaning of the hotel-rooms is carried out. Due to the late evening I was not interested in any further trouble and complained that to the again present General Manager first upon check out at the next morning. At the same time a maid was present who theGeneral Manager blamed in front of me to be responsible for the cleaning of that room the day before. I received the unuttered message that the General Manager cannot be held responsible for the negligence of her employees.

Probably due to the seemingly lack of responsibility of the General Manager for our mishaps no discount or even an excuse was offered upon check out.

We did not take breakfast.
Addendum: Sorry guys, this kind of boilerplate apologies (as received on the subsequent survey offered by Best Western and responded by my) I do not need:

“On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future”.

Save your energy to ameliorate the management of this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello. I would like to apologize personally for the automated response. I understand that your stay was not very pleasant and I would like to help resolve the issues you had. Requests for top floor/bottom floor are just that, requests. We try to fulfill as many requests as we possibly can, but when you have 20 (ex.) people requesting top floor, and only 15 top floor, it makes it difficult to actually be able to please every guest that comes through.

With that in mind, the night that you had stayed with us had been a particularly busy night and we did not have the ability to move very many (if any) people around due to a simple mechanical failure.

My associate worked hard trying to make sure that you were comfortable staying here with the limited options that he had. We have a certain block of rooms set aside for our pilots that come in every night. They called us just as I got to the office, which in turn opened up an upstairs room for me to switch you to.

I would like to apologize for not getting to you earlier with a proper response as I had thought the problem had been resolved when we had you moved to an upstairs room like you originally wanted.

I also want to apologize for your new room having been "dirty". I have trained my house keepers very well and I expect the best from them. They unfortunately slipped up once and happened to be during your series of unfortunate events.

I hope you can understand that sometimes things happen that aren't so good. And if I could have prevented something of the sort from happening, I assure you, I wouldn't want you to have an unpleasant experience.

If you do come back to the San Luis Valley and are looking for a place to stay, please talk with my associate and he will make reasonable accomodations for your stay to be much better than your last. Your feedback does indeed help us understand why someone isn't comfortable or enjoying their stay; we want to be able to please everyone and surveys like yours help out the most.

Sincerely
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were impressed with this hotel. The room was clean and very comfortable and quiet. The area around the hotel was delightful especially the mini-park with grassy area, trees, a fountain garden, picnic table and bar-b -q pits.

The pool and hot tub were lovely and I was happy with the guest laundry. Not a spec of lint anywhere.

Breakfast was good and fesh. The breakfast kept everything filled and spotless. The staff is polite and helpful. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bwalamosainn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Hello, and thank you for your review!
I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was everything you needed, if not more! We work as hard as we can to help provide exceptional service and clean facilities. We would love to have you stay with us again, and I'm sure you'd like to earn a few more of those Best Western Rewards points to get those free nights!

Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is an older motel that has received some upgrading, but they stopped short. There is loud street noise, a noisy fridge, and the vanity light requires you walk all the way into the bath area to turn on a light. WiFi was so intermittent as to be useless unless i went to the office to use it there. When i called the clerk said he was on and had no problem. There was a WiFi antenna outside our room, which would not hold a steady signal. I use a CPAP for Sleep Apnea, so a plug hand to the bed is a big consideration. There were no plugs near the bed. The shower curtain was mounted way to low, so you kept stepping on the curtain while showering. the coofee pot was meant to use a carafe, but had been supplied with one cup filters and was useless.

Room Tip: Check the ratings, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bwalamosainn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Alamosa Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel during your trip. You are right, this is a older hotel with a lot of history, but we have been doing the best we can to ensure we can provide the best possible for our guests. We are constantly looking to upgrade further so guests won't be able to hear road noise or have any appliances that are not working properly.

We are also looking into changing the rooms quite a bit to allow for more ease of access. Some of the projects that are coming might take more time than we would have due to the amount of guests that come through the Alamosa area.

We have talked with our wireless provider about the issues with some guests and certain devices not being able to pick up a strong wireless signal, and have been advised that our systems are working properly and an upgrade may be coming sometime in the near future.

I do understand that quite a few guests do have CPAP machines that they have to have plugged in, and close to whomever may need such a device. Until we can get the rooms wired in a better way to serve those issues, we do offer an extension cord to help temporarily.

Thank you for bringing up the shower curtain, as I was unaware of the fact that it could cause complications like the ones you had during your stay. We can also take a look at that to make sure you, or future guests, don't have the same problem.

Our coffe makers are designed to make a single cup of coffee at a time. One of the main reasons we don't have any sort of coffee "pot" type maker, is to prevent any sort of accidents with either kids bumping into the pot and it breaks on them, slips out of your hand and breaks on yourself, or simply being too hot and burning any of our guests.

We hope that you'll decide to stay with us again and we will strive to help make your next stay better than the last. Every time!

Rotonda West, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This motel was on our way to south colorado and was easy to find. It wasn,t a large motel but it was quiet and had clean rooms. The staff were friendly and helpfull. The rooms were good sized and comfortable. The y-fi was easy to get on and a nice table for my laptop. Bath has been up-graded and clean. The breakfast was warm and adaquate. Coffe was hot and good tasting

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi! I would like to thank you for staying with us on your way through Alamosa. I'm glad you enjoyed the aminities we had to offer, our staff could assist with any questions or services you had, and you kept warm with our fresh coffee. I do hope you choose to stay with us again on your travels through southern colorado.

Bina Rathi

Been to BEST WESTERN Alamosa Inn? Share your experiences!