Alamosa's a small town whose economy runs on tourism, agriculture, and a college. It's on two US highways near the Colorado-New Mexico border so it's a natural stop-over. There are dozens of places to stay, ranging from the dodgy old dives dating back to the forties and fifties to many built in the 60's and 70's to handle the road warriors coming through. Holiday Inn Express is the best place in town, and is among the newer properties. It's clean, comfortable and fairly quiet, considering it's right next to US 160. Front desk people were exceptionally friendly when I checked in and have always managed to say hi when I walked by. There's an indoor pool/hot tub facility that looks exceptionally well tended along with an exercise room that has professional looking gear. The breakfast room is a cut or two above average food-wise but what makes it work is the staff: a couple of women who keep the food fresh and the tables clean, not to mention having a cheerful morning greeting for guests. I've been coming through Alamosa for many years and this was my first shot at this place. It has now become my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our guests voted Holiday Inn Express & Suites as ALAMOSA's #1 HOTEL IN THE SOUTHWEST/SOUTHEAST REGION 2014 !! Enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Alamosa, Colorado's best kept secret, with over 300 days of sunshine each year. Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa welcomes you to the gateway of the Great Sand Dunes National Park, Rio Grande Scenic Railroads, the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad. Our NEWLY RENOVATED 2014 hotel offers luxurious amenities to keep you comfortable. All our executive rooms are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, cable TV and FREE high-speed Wi-Fi Internet throughout the entire hotel. We have a guest laundry facility, fitness center, indoor pool, hot tub and sauna. The front desk is staffed 24 hrs a day, offering message and FAX services along with a business center with computer/printer use. Utilize our meeting/conference room and business center for your corporate meeting or your special occasion. After a restful night sleep, enjoy our DELUXE complimentary 16 ITEM EXPRESS START hot breakfast bar. Visit Alamosa, CO and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites where your satisfaction is our priority making your stay a memorable one while in Alamosa, CO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa Hotel Alamosa
- Holiday Inn Express Alamosa
- Holiday Inn Alamosa
- Alamosa Holiday Inn