“Best in town by a long shot!” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
denver
“Best in town by a long shot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Alamosa's a small town whose economy runs on tourism, agriculture, and a college. It's on two US highways near the Colorado-New Mexico border so it's a natural stop-over. There are dozens of places to stay, ranging from the dodgy old dives dating back to the forties and fifties to many built in the 60's and 70's to handle the road warriors coming through. Holiday Inn Express is the best place in town, and is among the newer properties. It's clean, comfortable and fairly quiet, considering it's right next to US 160. Front desk people were exceptionally friendly when I checked in and have always managed to say hi when I walked by. There's an indoor pool/hot tub facility that looks exceptionally well tended along with an exercise room that has professional looking gear. The breakfast room is a cut or two above average food-wise but what makes it work is the staff: a couple of women who keep the food fresh and the tables clean, not to mention having a cheerful morning greeting for guests. I've been coming through Alamosa for many years and this was my first shot at this place. It has now become my first choice.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the highway but have a view of the San Luis Valley. Even numbers face the pa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty and for staying at my hotel. The comments regarding my staff will be passed along...and go on our "wall of fame" for them.
The staff is proud to service our guests and again thank you for your comments and come back and see us soon.
GM-Deborah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Magnolia, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We needed a place to stay as we traveled from Durango to Denver. This was a beautiful hotel, well appointed and conveniently located within walking distance to a new Walmart and Dollar Tree. The staff was well trained, friendly and helpful. the breakfast was the best I've seen for a Hotel and there were several attendants checking the temperature and quality of the food. The indoor pool and spa were immaculate and a very inviting shade of blue. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thanks for your comments on my hotel, we appreciate our guests taking time to rate us!
My staff and I are dedicated to our guests and i am excited to see that we met your expectations in every way.
Denver, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

For the past few months, I've had to stay in Alamosa on a weekly basis due to my work schedule. As I have done in the past, I chose Holiday Inn Express due to consistency with their accomodations and overall facilities. After my first night, there was no doubt that I would be staying there till my work was done. The front desk (Janelle, Deanna, Brandi and Sara) are always friendly with a welcoming smile and ready to go the extra mile to make sure I have a pleasant stay. Housekeeping does a great job with the rooms, ( I must have stayed in all of them) always confortable and clean. Wendy and Desire' work very hard to have a hot breakfast ready by 6:30, ( service is better that many restaurants I have visited).
Never met anyone from maintanance, maybe because they stay on top of any issues so the guests don't have to worry?
Nice size indoor pool to relax in and a confortable exercise room next to it makes this a "home away from home".
With Wolf Creek Ski area an hour west and The Sand Dunes 30 min. east, this is the perfect hotel to stay at for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
THANK YOU for taking the time to review my hotel. THE TRUE TEST OF ANY HOTEL IS OUR LONG TERM STAY GUESTS for they see it all both the good and the not so good.
I am pleased that the hotel is your "home away from home"...we appreciate your business and your loyalty. I will pass your comments along to my staff...and as always
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Alamosa
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Rather than stick blindly to just one chain, I use TripAdvisor to select the hotels we use on our trips. This Holiday Inn in Alamosa has got to be a real jewel in their chain. It stands up to any hotel in its class and beats many of those more deluxe hotels that charge much more. The room had all the facilities, including a large counter in the bathroom, the new "easy to keep clean" TV remote, etc. An extra mirror above my desk was a nice touch. A good night's sleep is the first requirement, of course, and that was no problem here. The bed was very comfortable and we heard no noises at all during the night--very quiet. But the highlight has to be the breakfast room. It is large with regular, identical tables and chairs rather than a hodgepodge of different furniture. The layout was good, too, with good spacing to avoid congesting spots. And the ladies that work there are the real secret. Many breakfast areas have one person, maybe good, maybe not, trying to handle the whole thing. Difficult at best. I saw three different ladies, at least, working this breakfast, even though this was not a busy day and there weren't many guests eating. The breakfast hours are from 6:30 to 9:30. Would you believe I saw a lady bringing out fresh bacon at 9:22? By then, most would be shutting down already. So, well done, Holiday Inn. You could teach other hotels how to do business.

Room Tip: We chose a room away from the highway to avoid traffic noise. I don't know if it would have bee...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I thank you for your review of my hotel. We are fortunate for I believe we have the largest breakfast room ever!! The hotel mantra is "JUST DO IT RIGHT" and this is what the Holiday Inn Express Alamosa does.
I am pleased that you found your room accomodations pleasing also.
Come back and visit us real soon !
Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Check in: Quick, efficient and friendly.

Room: Very clean and tidy but most of all very comfortable and quiet.

Breakfast: Very good quality with a good range to choose from.

Amenities: Ugh, no pool but there is a laundry

Room Tip: Note: There’s a WalMart across the parking lot like to shop or go WalMartian spotting!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for the review but i am a bit confused for we have a large pool, sauna and jacuzzi tub that is open daily. Thank you for the comments on the room aand please come back and see us soon.
GM- Deborah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been staying at the Holiday Inn Express, in Alamosa on business, for over two months (Monday through Friday). The accomadations are perfect! Hot breakfast every morning and a spotless room when my day is done. The staff always wear a smile and are extremely pleasant. I have heard other visitors speaking very highly of the hotel as well (so I know It's not just me who feels this way).

If you're planning a stay in Alamosa, I highly recommend checking them out. Make reservations early, because they are always hopping.

I know you'll appreciate the hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time writing a review..we DO appreciate your kind words and I will pass this along to the hotel staff ..we appreciate all of our long term stay guests and try hard to make this your "home away from home".
GM
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This manager has put together a STAFF that any "5 diamond" hotel would envy.
Truly Amazing folks in Alamosa Colorado.
The breakfast Ladies were amazing.
My lost bag (airline) was delivered to my room at 9:30 at night "Cheerfully"
You can't make this stuff up!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 1st floor and couldn't hear anything, slept like a baby.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please come back and see soon.
GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa? Share your experiences!