“Very nice hotel...clean, great breakfast.....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Alamosa
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very nice hotel...clean, great breakfast.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel. The staff was very helpful, especially the young gentleman that took care of the breakfast room! The only reason I didn't give it a five is the cost....a little pricey!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments!! I will pass this along to my staff. We try very hard to make sure all our guests are TREATED LIKE FAMILY!!
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

First the positives - the room was clean and the staff friendly.

DON'T get a room on the hiway side of the building......you will be up all night from the road noise.
DON'T get a room next to a college sports team ---- the banging and yelling through cardboard thin walls will keep you up all night.
DON'T drink the coffee it tastes like cardboard.
DON'T eat the breakfast --- it is lukewarm and will upset your stomach --- eeech.

We paid way too much money for "amenities" and got none. Should have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I do apologize for your experience at our hotel when we had a sports team in the hotel
If you would please contact me personally at hiexalagm@gmail.com or call at 719-589-4026.
I thank you for taking the time to let me know of this situation.
Bloomfield, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The two ladies at the front desk between the hours of 8:00pm to 11:00pm on April 3, 2013, we're the most friendly and accommodating hotel concierge I have had in years, and the room is CLEAN. I truly felt that this stay was one of the best I have had in many years.

I am a district manager for a wireless communications company and have recently expanded my district to this area. I do not get this type of service typically, so I plan to use this hotel with every visit because this hotel is managed properly. I'm unsure of their names, but these two working ladies at Holiday Inn Express front counter in Alamosa, truly deserve recognition for a great attitude and uncommon customer service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally:

Trevor Cullinane
trevor.cullinane@russellcellular.com

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Sir
I thank you for taking time to write a review. I am fortunate to have employee's that REALLY do care about taking care of our guests!! I will be sure to pass this along to all.
Come back and see us soon.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We enjoyed our recent 2-night stay very much. We haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn for years, but this hotel was clean, comfortable (beds were terrific!), and our daughters loved the swimming pool and hot tub. But what made this hotel special was Sergio - jack of all trades and all around the best hotel employee we have ever met. To management - keep this special person, Sergio is a gem. There was good variety for the free breakfast (biscuits and gravy, pancakes, sausage, eggs, cinnamon buns, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit). The lobby always had fresh cookies, coffee and lemonade. Nice touches! This was a great home base for our visit to the Great Sand Dunes National Park, we will be coming back again and recommending to our friends!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. EVERY stay matters to us and I am thrilled that YOUR stay was a memorable one!!
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First, I'd like to say that breakfast was top-notch! The choices were better than most and the service in the breakfast room could not be beat!
That being said, I'm very picky about cleanliness and that's where I feel this property falls short. Check in took quite some time as there was only one clerk and a few people in line. The first thing I noticed in the room was the black staining beneath the rim of the toilet bowl. From there it was only too easy to spot other issues. The coverlet at the foot of the bed looked like it needed a good wash (or replacement). The bed was not comfortable at all (like sleeping in a taco shell). There were no clean towels stocked at the pool. If breakfast had not been such a pleasure, I would probably give this place a "poor" rating. It was simply not up to my expectations for a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
AlamosaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I thank you for your comments and invite you to contact me personally so we may discuss
where we fell short of exceeding your expectations.
Please contact me at hiexalagm@gmail.com or call at #719-589-4026 x409
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an exceptional hotel. In large part this is because they do all the simple things correctly. Staff members (from the receptionists to the breakfast workers to the housekeepers) are professional, friendly, and seem to genuinely enjoy their work. Consequently, they are helpful with suggestions and do little things, like having cookies and coffee available in the lobby in late afternoons. There is a nice pool, sauna, and exercise room. The breakfast has a wide assortment of offerings, from cereal and cinnamon rolls to sausage and eggs. The rooms have disposable coffee cups and glasses, so there is no need to wonder if they are sanitized, and the television has not only several dozen channels, but the kind of remotes that minimize germs. The wireless is fine. I stay in hotels about once a month, and it has been quite a while since I enjoyed a place as much as this.

Room Tip: Highway noise may bother some; consider asking for a room overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank you for your taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. Your comfort and enjoyment of the hotel along with our guest services matter and your review of this is important to us.
Thank you and come back and see us soon !!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and the service was good. The pancake maker at breakfast entertained our kids. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool; too much chlorine however! The fitness room is limited on equipment.

• Stayed March 2013
I thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel and our services. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the kids had a great time in the pool.
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alamosa
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Alamosa
Days Inn Alamosa
#8 of 13 in Alamosa
3.5 of 5 stars 133 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Alamosa? Share your experiences!