“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Family Fare
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: The Hungry Farmer Steakhouse offers hand-cut Steaks, Shrimp, local fresh Striped Bass, local fresh Catfish, Amazing Salads, and Super Delicious Homemade Desserts!
Milan, New Mexico
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I ordered prime rib because I was told it was excellent. The meat I received on my plate had been boiled (he difference between boiled and baked) and had no taste. I asked for loaded mashed potatoes and waitress was not very helpful or firendly and ended up ordering the appetizer fried potatos and paying an extra six dollars. I had asked the waitress if I could substitute and she said no. I got no other sides with my "boiled" prime rib other than salad and was charged full price. I was very disappointed. The place is cute and has ambiance and has lots of potential. Waitress that seated us was quite curt. We will never go back. We were quite disappointed in the experience.

Visited December 2012

Sanford, Colorado, United States
“not going again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were not impressed with this place.
It was freezing cold inside and I shivered the whole time, even with a jacket on. (it was September--not cold outside)

The wait staff started out very nice and attentive, but I think they were working at the restraunt next store too because they would disappear for long periods of time (5-10 minutes with no one around)

The decor looked about 1/2 finished. It was an interesting mixture of antiques, but not really pulled together.

By the time we wanted to leave we had to wait for a long time for our check. I really don't remember what we ordered (this was a few months back)---I don't remember it being overly great or bad,

maybe with some time this place will get better, but I am not going back for a long while.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“More like lunchmeathouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I don't think I have ever seen a steak so thin. Price was cheap so I guess the old saying you get what you pay for works in this case. I had the reuben sandwich it was O.K. best thing about the place was the big fish tank.

Visited September 2012
Alamosa, Colorado
“Steak and eggs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Steak and eggs for $3.99 and it is a good steak! When I want a good big breakfast this is the place.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Needs to improve service & food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We thought this place would be a Gluten free friendly place based on Urban Spoon, but our server was clueless! She had no idea how to wait tables or anything about any of the dishes. While bad service can ruin a good meal, this meal was not so good. We had the "Hippie plate" for an appetizer. Their homemade hummus and baba ganoush were without flavor whatsoever. We subbed the pita chips for tortulla chips to make it GF. They gave tiny vegetable side servings. I had the lamb lollipops (chops) which were fine but the other family members didn't like their coconut shrimp or striped bass. My teen liked the Keilbasa sausage with Pierogies ok. The striped bass was the only gluten-free dish available, and had to take off the rice pilaf side to get it GF. It wasn't very tasty, according to my hubby. Avoid this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere