“More like lunchmeathouse” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: The Hungry Farmer Steakhouse offers hand-cut Steaks, Shrimp, local fresh Striped Bass, local fresh Catfish, Amazing Salads, and Super Delicious Homemade Desserts!
“More like lunchmeathouse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I don't think I have ever seen a steak so thin. Price was cheap so I guess the old saying you get what you pay for works in this case. I had the reuben sandwich it was O.K. best thing about the place was the big fish tank.

Visited September 2012

Grand Junction, Colorado
“Steak and eggs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Steak and eggs for $3.99 and it is a good steak! When I want a good big breakfast this is the place.

Visited September 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Needs to improve service & food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

We thought this place would be a Gluten free friendly place based on Urban Spoon, but our server was clueless! She had no idea how to wait tables or anything about any of the dishes. While bad service can ruin a good meal, this meal was not so good. We had the "Hippie plate" for an appetizer. Their homemade hummus and baba ganoush were without flavor whatsoever. We subbed the pita chips for tortulla chips to make it GF. They gave tiny vegetable side servings. I had the lamb lollipops (chops) which were fine but the other family members didn't like their coconut shrimp or striped bass. My teen liked the Keilbasa sausage with Pierogies ok. The striped bass was the only gluten-free dish available, and had to take off the rice pilaf side to get it GF. It wasn't very tasty, according to my hubby. Avoid this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent and Reasonably Priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

My wife and I went here for breakfast and had an excellent meal. Our server was very attentive and gave excellent service.

The menu had a quite a variety of cuisines that you wouldn't expect in a town this size.

We were almost scared away by the one poor review, but were very happy that we didn't base our decision on just two data points.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blanca, Colorado
“Awesome Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We love to eat at the Hungry Farmer Steakhouse, it has become our favorite place to eat. My favorite appetizer is the Beef Tips with a spicy, tomato queso. Absolutely fabulous flavor! I could eat the queso with a spoon it is so good. They have a wonderful variety of foods from vegan to huge steaks, fish and chicken. The prices are reasonable, the wait staff is awesome and the food can't be beat. If you are in Alamosa you should stop buy and give them a try. I am convinced you will love their food as much as my husband and I do.

Visited July 2012