“Nice hotel for weary traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early-Save up to 15%
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Alamosa
“Nice hotel for weary traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel was very nice after a long day in the car. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and a short drive to restaurants. Not a walkable location, but quiet and friendly. Would stay here again when in Alamosa.

• Stayed October 2012

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed there because my daughter had a volleyball tournament in Alamosa. The team stayed at another hotel and I stayed at the Hampton Inn because I had a credit. My hotel was much nicer. The room was very clean. The entire hotel was clean. I used the workout room and it was good compared to most. All the equipment worked and they had a decent set of dumbells. The staff was nice enough and the breakfast was OK. There was construction in front and it was a little tricky to even figure how to enter the hotel, but once I figured out the options it was not a problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alamosa, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels and I have stayed in many Hampton Inns. This newer hotel is one of the most unpleasant experiences I have had to endure. The staff is not friendly upon check in and cold with interactions during the stay. The room itself was normal in cleanliness and equipped. The hotel had several high school or college age students staying that engaged in wrestinig matches in the rooms, yealling and screeming up and down the hallways, slamming doors, and late night banging on doors. A call to the front desk failed to make a material difference. Throughout the night my wife and I suffered through hearing normal voiced comversations easily making their way through the paper thin walls. Bathroom noises testified to the large number of people using or visiting thr nearby rooms. Given that almost all Hampton Inns are built with the same plan I can only assume cost savings were made in soundproofing. Truck sounds from the nearby highway reinforce my assumption of such poor sound proofing. Staff made no offer to improve the situation even after contact.

Room Tip: Pray that you don't have a similiar experience.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori Y, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alamosa, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. While our staff continuously monitored the noise in the hallways, it is clear we could have done a better job keeping down the noise level in the rooms. I apologize. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We have stayed here on three separate occasions. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always very clean and well maintained. It has always been a nice quiet hotel as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The complimentary breakfast is good for those wanting something on the go. It isn't the best but certainly not the worse. I'm not complaining as the food is free and only gets so good when there is a regular restaurant on site. This is a good value overall for the price. There are several restaurants close by.

Room Tip: We always choose a room on a high floor away from the elevator which helps with the noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was the perfect stop in a clean brand new hotel. The heated pool was great, the room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good. We had a quiet night sleep. The price is very cheap for the value. A true Hilton place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Milan, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while we went to Alamosa to attend our sons graduation from college. This is one of the coziest places we have ever stayed and both my husband and I enjoyed it immensley. The bed was one of the most comfortable and did not make my bocy hurt after sleeping on it all night. The pillows were perfect.Not too thick or too thin and your head melts into them into a comfortable position. I amost always have issues with pillows and have a hard time finding just the right one. I now plan on purchasing one like it if I can find one. Our room was immaculate. The furniture was in excellent shape and you did not hesitate to sit down and make your self comfortable.We had an LG flat screen tv which was great and modern, attractive furniture garnished the room. Alamosa was quite cold during our stay but the room temperature was perfect and we could adjust the heat to make both of us happy. The Breakfast buffet was nice, clean and presented in quite an appetizing manner. Staff was friendly and they recommended a good restaurant for dinner and were quite attentive. We could not of asked for a more pleasant stay. We will definately stay here again. It was also located in the center of town, near restaurants and shopping. The facility is quite new and is located back from the main highway and there was no highway noise. Best hotel I have stayed in in the Alamosa area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our team strives to provide the best possible service and amenities and it is truly a pleasure to hear that we have succeeded! We hope to see you again on your next stay in the Valley!
Pueblo West, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Clean facility. Had no worries about walking barefoot in rooms like you do at some places. Travel for my job and enjoy this hotel every month. Staff were kind to try and find a lost item that I dropped while coming into the facility. Thin walls... but when I call down to the front desk~ they are quick to take care of the issue. Nice breakfast offered as well. Well stocked and nice variety.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Alamosa? Share your experiences!