“Very nice Italian restaurant for Alamosa.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Very nice Italian restaurant for Alamosa.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Quite acceptable range of "standard" Italian offerings along w/ pizzas and calzones. There were six of us. Two of us each greatly enjoyed a calzone (Baja and 5-cheese selections). A little side of marinara for my 5-cheese calzone cost extra! Another person ordered a half portion of vegetarian lasagna; it was a generous, tasty half. My wife's Italian wedding soup in a bread bowl as a bit disappointing, e.g. rather bland, too little soup, too much bread bowl! House salads were ok; the large house salad is ample for two persons to split. Only major disappointment was one of our guests chicken marinara was served only mildly warm. Needless to say it was immediately sent back!
Service was excellent. Waiter, Mark?, was very attentive and responsive.
BTW: the spumoni ice cream was huge and excellent!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Different than expected but very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is presented as an "Italian restaurant." Think of it that way, but realize that you are in a mainly Hispanic community, and you will find your expectations met in an enjoyable way. The food is good and gives the impression of being prepared with care by a chef who enjoys his work.

My wife and daughter both enjoyed their Chicken Parmesan, and the bites I sampled were tasty. I was curious about the vegetarian lasagne, but I prefer meat, so I asked if I could get a combo. They provided a half-and-half plate (no extra charge) and I enjoyed both. Taste-wise they were quite different, and the veg seemed to be mainly a cheese-based dish. I would heartily recommend it, but I would order the full meat version next time around. (And this would be one of our first choices should we find ourselves dining in Alamosa again.)

The menu includes several "decadent" desserts. A dish of spumoni, however, was the perfect finish to our meal. There was one dessert item though that I threatened to order along with only the half-order of lasagne. Unfortunately, I can't recall what it was, but I really believe I would do that if we return. Seems like it was a creative use of spumoni and something else.

By the way, the history of the restaurant: The name Rialto comes from the building, which used to be the Rialto Theater and looks the part. The restaurant moved into the building from another location where they were named Pizza Den and Pasta. They need to drop that from their advertising, because it really skews the expectation of what they want to be today.

Visited July 2012
North Carolina
“Great homemade Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We enjoyed our meal at Bistro Rialto. Charming decor and atmosphere, complete with Frank Sinatra music in the background. I felt as if I were back in Italian neighborhoods in NJ. Some original dishes - very nicely made. Loved the veggie lasagna and salad.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alamosa, Colorado
“Not a huge selection.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Pretty basic. Fits for the area. Didn't have a lot of italian dishes than i love.

Visited June 2012
Roeselare
“quality italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The dining at Rialto's was excellent! Fresh products and everything homemade! Surely recommended!

• Visited July 2012