“Unique Trail” 5 of 5 stars

St Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Unique Trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We managed this road in a Ford Focus and even though the road seemed rough. Just take it slow and you wont have any problems. You don't need a 4x4 to see this. We went in late may and the water was freezing. You do have to get your feet wet to see this so just wear some water shoes. Also bring something warm to wear because it is cold near the water fall.

Visited May 2012

Krakow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Short-enjoyable trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

To get to the trail-head, be aware that you have to travel dirt road uphill approximately 3.5-4 miles. However, road was not as bad as it seemed at the beginning (our car: Toyota Corolla - rent). Trail is quite short and it took us about 20 minutes to see the waterfall. The last 200m is very very slippy, as it's necessary to jump from one stone to another. So don't forget to wear proper shoes as you can be disappointed at the far end :) Please check also the photos attached to this review.
Just to mention, there is also toilet at the trail-head.
The waterfall is really beautiful and I can rank it 4/5.
However, we enjoyed Great Sand Dunes much much better. It's really so amazing place...

Visited September 2011
bethel park pa.
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“worth the hike”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

OK now! Make sure you take shoes you don't mind getting wet. It sure was a little tricky at some places (slippery - wet - mud - rocks - cold water) but we did it and once you get around the corner, it's amazing!

Visited September 2011
Arlington, TX
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Breathtaking! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was my favorite part of my vacation to Colorado! The ride up the mountain on the well made gravel road was beautiful. The hike up the mountain is on a rocky, but well traveled path. There are benches to rest on the way up. Once at the creek, I was hesitant as I'm a city girl and not used to this type of outdoor adventure, but I saw young kids and old grandpas making the trek so I was not about to chicken out. I made my way up the creek with the freezing water rushing past my feet to the cave. (the deepest part was not up past mid calf...mostly ankle deep) The view once in the cave was breathtaking! Well worth the effort! This is an easy rewarding adventure for those not use to hiking.

Visited August 2011
Waterloo, Indiana
277 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 295 helpful votes
“You'll get wet but the water is fine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Close to "The Great Sand Dunes National Park" this waterfall is worth the effort to see. You have to climb a dirt rode to get to the parking area and then hike uphill for about a mile to get to the falls. It was hot the day we were there so when we got to the stream it was much cooler and felt good. The only way to see the Zapata falls is to walk through some water. It's not that hard if you take your time and watch where you step. Their is no cost,it's cooling,and you can get some nice pictures. Try it!

Visited July 2011

Been to Zapata Falls? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Zapata Falls, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.