“Best All you Can Eat Mexican Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Alamosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Dessert
colorado springs
“Best All you Can Eat Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

I travel the southwest alot for busines and this is the only place to eat in Alamosa! Very authentic. Got a tip from the bar tender who told me 90% of the items on the Menu are in the Buffet. It was very large and delicious. I love the chili relleno and fajita chicken. They have a lagre salad and mexican dessert bar as well. Great staff! Great Price!! Great Food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

theconroy
“Oh Baby, this is good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

That's what my bride said to me when the first morsel hit her mouth.
Highlight of a monthlong trip! The waitstaff were prompt and friendly.
The food was excellent to incredible.

Albuquerque, NM
“Terrific Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My family ate here upon the recommendation of my sister, who has lived in Alamosa for over 35 years. The food is terrific and is a heck of a deal. We shared a shrimp appetizer (shrimp with cucumber and avocado slices in a spicy lime sauce) that was muy picante and muy sabroso. Delicious. I had the SLV (San Luis Valley) enchiladas with chicken and red chile ($7) and my wife had a stuffed sopaipilla ($6). Everything on the plate was excellent. The service was friendly and efficient. Can't wait to go there again. Did I mention the excellent margaritas? Viva Calvillo's!

Philadelphia
“Incredible buffet for $11”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

This local Mexican restaurant is a great find. The buffet is huge and a great value. They have all of the usual food, plus sides and desserts. It was constantly refreshed and the staff is willing to explain the food to the uninformed.

My friend had the buffet and loved it. I ordered from the menu. My dinner was beautifully presented on the plate, hot from the grill and tasty.

Service was efficient but not friendly. The decor is a cross between bare walls, regional decorations and simple industrial. It sort of works -- decor is the weakest link here.

They serve wine, beer and cocktails as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
northeast Colorado
“I Live There”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I moved to Alamosa in June 2009 and were advised to eat at Cavillo's. We wern't disapointed then and continue to eat there a couple of times per week. The food is great and the service is terrific. In fact all of the help smiles and offers assistance. We go out to eat often and as we head to a new restaurant we change our minds and go to Cavillo's again, and again.