“Family Mexican Place” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Alamosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet, Dessert
Colorado Springs
“Family Mexican Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

An big informal restaurant which seems to be favored by the locals. Very good Mexican food and friendly service. I especially liked the $1 draft beer Monday - Thursday.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Littleton, Colorado
“Can you imagine TODAY getting hot homemade tortillas with a buffet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!b”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were hungry when traveling this last month , on our way to Neveda. We love Mexican food but usually I don't eat it out of the house, too many disappiontments. We felt eating here is better than fastfood bloat. Calvillos is WONDERFUL! I was so surprised! We chose to eat the buffet. Everything was wonderful and such variety! To end it all we got HOT, HOMEMADE TORTILLAS ! (which was being made infront of you!) wE ALSO GOT rice MILK OR mAYBE IT IS CALLED RICE WATER. i AM FORGETTING THE REAL NAME. it WAS HABIT FORMING. i TOOK MINE IN A TO GO GLASS. i WAS SO STUFFED THAT i COULD ONLY DRINK IT AT A LATER TIME. i WANT TO MAKE A TRIP FROM dENVER just TO EAT THERE AGAIN! pRICE WAS SO SO WORTH IT, THE STAFF WAS WONDERFUL AND IT IS clean! wHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alamosa, Colorado
“good, some different flavors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The service here is some of the best you will find anywhere. The food has some different flavors than what you may not be used to in a Mexican restaurant. The people who own and run the place are from a region of Mexico that has some different spices than we see in typical Tex-Mex restaurants. It's a nice change, the food is tasty, the service is superb, easily the best in town. Order the buffet, if you want something special, they are happy to prepare it for you and include it in the buffet price. One time I asked for chicken mole, not usually on the menu. They had some at home and asked that I go there to pick it up. I had enough for two meals for my family. I can't imagine they do that for everyone, but they certainly try their best to accommodate you and make you glad you came in.

Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Food just okay, margarita horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We went this evening for dinner. My husband and 9 year old had the buffet I planned on the buffet but didn't see anything that looked fantastic, I chose to order off of the menu instead.

I ordered chili rellenos with an enchilada on the side. The rellenos were a different consistency than I was used to, kind of soggy. The enchilada initially came out incorrect, but after sending it back, it was good. Not life changing, but good.

After almost hitting a deer while driving to Alamosa, I was VERY much looking forward to a margarita. I ordered a strawberry margarita on the rocks, and was very disappointed. It tasted like a juice box, crazy sweet and zero alcohol. I finished the dinner with water.

Visited February 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Fantastic buffet. More than delicious. The service was incredible, second to none. They really make you feel special. The buffet is all you can eat and everything was great. I had the chili rellenos, chili verde, spinach salad, zucchini casserole, and flan. And the Margaritas are also delicious. If you are in Alamosa, eat here.

• Visited January 2014