“good, some different flavors” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Alamosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Alamosa, Colorado
“good, some different flavors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The service here is some of the best you will find anywhere. The food has some different flavors than what you may not be used to in a Mexican restaurant. The people who own and run the place are from a region of Mexico that has some different spices than we see in typical Tex-Mex restaurants. It's a nice change, the food is tasty, the service is superb, easily the best in town. Order the buffet, if you want something special, they are happy to prepare it for you and include it in the buffet price. One time I asked for chicken mole, not usually on the menu. They had some at home and asked that I go there to pick it up. I had enough for two meals for my family. I can't imagine they do that for everyone, but they certainly try their best to accommodate you and make you glad you came in.

Visited February 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Food just okay, margarita horrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We went this evening for dinner. My husband and 9 year old had the buffet I planned on the buffet but didn't see anything that looked fantastic, I chose to order off of the menu instead.

I ordered chili rellenos with an enchilada on the side. The rellenos were a different consistency than I was used to, kind of soggy. The enchilada initially came out incorrect, but after sending it back, it was good. Not life changing, but good.

After almost hitting a deer while driving to Alamosa, I was VERY much looking forward to a margarita. I ordered a strawberry margarita on the rocks, and was very disappointed. It tasted like a juice box, crazy sweet and zero alcohol. I finished the dinner with water.

Visited February 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Delicioso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Fantastic buffet. More than delicious. The service was incredible, second to none. They really make you feel special. The buffet is all you can eat and everything was great. I had the chili rellenos, chili verde, spinach salad, zucchini casserole, and flan. And the Margaritas are also delicious. If you are in Alamosa, eat here.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alamosa, Colorado
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Whether ordering from the menu, or choosing the buffet, the food is good. The staff is attentive, efficient, and courteous. As are the owners. I live in Alamosa, and frequently have breakfast here with my girlfriend. No matter how we arrive; car, bicycle, or after a morning walk. It seems that Nelson, one of the waiters, has coffee and place settings set out for us at the bar, where he knows we like to sit. Sure makes us feel at home and welcome.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Villach, Austria
“Very Good Mexican buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We found it on TripAdvisor an looked out for, because it was not easy to find in the night, because ist a Little bit hidden on the start of the Main Street. For only 12 $ you can go to the buffet and try burritos, Enchiladas, meat, beans, homemade Tortillas and a huge buffet of Sweets
Friendly and hard trying staff and owner

• Visited October 2013