“Super 8 Azusa” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Azusa

canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had tickets to the Breeder's Cup 2013 in Sta. Anita and the closest accommodation we could get is this motel. We were pleasantly surprised that it was clean and comfortable. Although we
did not take advantage much of their breakfast as we left very early, it seemed that they had
a fairly decent selection of pastry, fresh waffles, fruits tea and coffee. The room was equipped
with a small microwave and a bar fridge which came in very handy for us as my husband is
diabetic. The only negative thing we found was that they are still using bed covers with
cigarettte holes in them. Apart from this, we had no major issues with the motel. For short stays,
we would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Room 205 was pretty good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
super8azusa, Manager at Super 8 Azusa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Sorry for late response..b'coz we have not open TripAdvisor account...
Thank for staying with us...those night...We will upgrading super8 innov8t bedcovers soon..
Thank you for your response.
Thank you.
Fairfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Room was OK at best, the beds are very hard, no extra pillow's available in entire hotel, but the worse thing was the noise. Right on a busy road close to a major highway. Late night clientele very noisy, which leads me to believe they rent out cheep to transient locals after hours. Very noisy neighbors in room next door (adjoining). Toilet fill line leaked on floor, and roach was found enjoying the water. I will not be staying there ever again even though the rate was cheep. Its true, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Be careful of adjoining rooms, very loud late night neighbors
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bill J

Travelers are raving about these Azusa hotels

Lomita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

So, I decide to ride my scooter from my home in Huntington Beach to Azusa in orded to cruise the foothills and San Gabriel Canyon.

The day grew late, so having seen the Super 8 motel on Azusa on my way up, I used my smart phone to book a room for the night. After tax, I paid about $68, and making the reservation was e-z on the internet.

I arrived and entered the small office, noticing the nice rack of local attractions brochures and what appeared to be the setup for the Continental Breakfast, located in a niche.

The young lady at the desk greeted me well enough, and although she did the job of registering me well enough, was far from warm or pleasant. I took my key card and an armful of my things upstairs directly above the office to room 203.

The key card did not work, so I visited the office for a new one. The second card worked just fine. Upon entering he small, but not too crowded room, I observed the old-style (not flat screen) TV, a well-made king bed, dresser with fully stocked coffee setup, and a mini fridge and microwave. All decent appointments for a $68 room.

I carefully inspected the bed linens; all clean and in order. The bathroom had adequate, but not luxurious towels, plus small bars of soap and a small tube of shampoo. The bath and room were generally clean, but has a feel and slight odor of much use and a few remodels, not done quite to a high level of excellence.

I unpacked, set my room up, then fired up the combo heater/ac unit to warm the room, and to freshen the staleness a bit. Later, after my hot shower (water press good), I lay back on the firm but comfortable bed, watched the news, snacked, and fiddled with my smart phone. Traffic noise was minimal to moderate, but banging, door slamming, and other guests' noise could be heard.

I slept well enough, but woke briefly a couple of times at late night guests noise. In the morning, the in-room coffee maker worked and the coffee and supplies were of good quality. I went down to the office and picked up a couple of pre-packaged complimentary rolls, some oj, and checked out the milk, cereal, and fruit that was offered. It was minimal, nothing special, but a little bite did me the trick.

Overall, I would rate this Super 8 about three stars overall, and would consider staying there again. But next time, I will almost certainly consult Trip Advisor about other affordable local accomodations and perhaps do a bit better.

• Stayed January 2012
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Considering the location near a freeway the room was pretty quiet.
No frills and clean.
Some of the other patrons could have been noisy, but weren't.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Azusa
Americas Best Value Inn-Azusa/Pasadena
Days Inn Of West Covina
#5 of 7 in West Covina
3.5 of 5 stars 183 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS West Covina Inn

Been to Super 8 Azusa? Share your experiences!