“Great service and kindness by Dipak Patel” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Motel - Azusa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 N. Azusa Ave., Azusa, CA 91702   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Azusa

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had tickets to the Breeder's Cup 2013 in Sta. Anita and the closest accommodation we could get is this motel. We were pleasantly surprised that it was clean and comfortable. Although we
did not take advantage much of their breakfast as we left very early, it seemed that they had
a fairly decent selection of pastry, fresh waffles, fruits tea and coffee. The room was equipped
with a small microwave and a bar fridge which came in very handy for us as my husband is
diabetic. The only negative thing we found was that they are still using bed covers with
cigarettte holes in them. Apart from this, we had no major issues with the motel. For short stays,
we would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Room 205 was pretty good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
super8azusa, Manager at Super 8 Motel - Azusa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Sorry for late response..b'coz we have not open TripAdvisor account...
Thank for staying with us...those night...We will upgrading super8 innov8t bedcovers soon..
Thank you for your response.
Thank you.
Fairfield, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Room was OK at best, the beds are very hard, no extra pillow's available in entire hotel, but the worse thing was the noise. Right on a busy road close to a major highway. Late night clientele very noisy, which leads me to believe they rent out cheep to transient locals after hours. Very noisy neighbors in room next door (adjoining). Toilet fill line leaked on floor, and roach was found enjoying the water. I will not be staying there ever again even though the rate was cheep. Its true, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Be careful of adjoining rooms, very loud late night neighbors
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Lomita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

So, I decide to ride my scooter from my home in Huntington Beach to Azusa in orded to cruise the foothills and San Gabriel Canyon.

The day grew late, so having seen the Super 8 motel on Azusa on my way up, I used my smart phone to book a room for the night. After tax, I paid about $68, and making the reservation was e-z on the internet.

I arrived and entered the small office, noticing the nice rack of local attractions brochures and what appeared to be the setup for the Continental Breakfast, located in a niche.

The young lady at the desk greeted me well enough, and although she did the job of registering me well enough, was far from warm or pleasant. I took my key card and an armful of my things upstairs directly above the office to room 203.

The key card did not work, so I visited the office for a new one. The second card worked just fine. Upon entering he small, but not too crowded room, I observed the old-style (not flat screen) TV, a well-made king bed, dresser with fully stocked coffee setup, and a mini fridge and microwave. All decent appointments for a $68 room.

I carefully inspected the bed linens; all clean and in order. The bathroom had adequate, but not luxurious towels, plus small bars of soap and a small tube of shampoo. The bath and room were generally clean, but has a feel and slight odor of much use and a few remodels, not done quite to a high level of excellence.

I unpacked, set my room up, then fired up the combo heater/ac unit to warm the room, and to freshen the staleness a bit. Later, after my hot shower (water press good), I lay back on the firm but comfortable bed, watched the news, snacked, and fiddled with my smart phone. Traffic noise was minimal to moderate, but banging, door slamming, and other guests' noise could be heard.

I slept well enough, but woke briefly a couple of times at late night guests noise. In the morning, the in-room coffee maker worked and the coffee and supplies were of good quality. I went down to the office and picked up a couple of pre-packaged complimentary rolls, some oj, and checked out the milk, cereal, and fruit that was offered. It was minimal, nothing special, but a little bite did me the trick.

Overall, I would rate this Super 8 about three stars overall, and would consider staying there again. But next time, I will almost certainly consult Trip Advisor about other affordable local accomodations and perhaps do a bit better.

• Stayed January 2012
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Considering the location near a freeway the room was pretty quiet.
No frills and clean.
Some of the other patrons could have been noisy, but weren't.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Ridgecrest, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

We are a senior couple in our 70’s staying at this motel in room115 prior to and after a visit to City of Hope Medical Facility which is just 5 freeway miles distant. Reservations for a ground floor king bed non-smoking room were made through the Super 8 website at a cost of $61.00 total per night without a problem.

Although there is no indication that this is a handicapped room I presume it to be as there are two so designated parking spots in front of it. It is not however outfitted for handicapped nor marked as such.

The motel, located on and very close to a busy and noisy street is old and obviously remodeled “on the cheap”.

We waited until 2:30pm for our 2:00pm room to be ready and found it very small but clean and free of any lingering odor.

All lighting and appliances (including the fridge and microwave) worked well although there was a slight problem regulating the A/C.

The very small bathroom with toilet and tub/shower are apart from the vanity top, sink and mirror.

Water pressure and drainage were very good.

Irregular bathroom tile and a 1” gap between the room door to the outside and the floor caused cool air to leave the room and dust, noise, cigarette smoke and bugs to enter. It was necessary to place a folded bath towel on the floor to cover the wide gap. The door to room 116 was noted to be the same.

The bed was fairly comfortable but street noise (apparently there is no car stereo amplifier law in Azusa) and squeaky and slamming motel doors make it difficult to sleep.

There is no desk person at night and on the last day of our stay a person from the living quarters in back had to be awakened at 6:15am to open for the 6:00am claimed breakfast. On neither day was there a USA Today newspaper as promised. Breakfast was meager with an offering of two cold cereals; packaged sweet rolls; coffee; milk and imitation orange juice which can be eaten in the tiny lobby at the table with three chairs.

There is Internet high speed access but it requires you to obtain a motel identifier code, username and password at the front desk to get on-line.

Check-out is without problem as your billing is done at check-in.

Easy freeway access either East or West on the 210 from this location.

We might stay here again, if necessary, but will check out the across the street Rodeway Inn and the Best Value Inn down the block.

• Liked — Easy access to freeway and proximity to City of Hope
  • Disliked — Meager breakfast; Street & Motel noise; Lack of promised morning newspaper
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Motel - Azusa? Share your experiences!