“A nice dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Azusa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tulipano Italian Restaurant has cuisine that is based on traditional Italian dishes using the finest, freshest ingredients and cooking techniques. We can cater to your special request on making authentic Italian dishes. You will see, smell and taste the difference. When you use this Italian Restaurant for your Catering events, your guest will know you used a high class Italian Food place for your party.The pastas are made fresh daily, but don't just look at the menu. You must hear which specials the chef has planned for the day. If you don't see or hear anything you're interested in, the motto is "if what you are craving for is not on the menu, but we have it in the kitchen, we'll cook it for you."
Walnut, California
“A nice dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We decided to drivel the extra distance to Tulipano's, rather than the chain Italian restaurant nearby. The food and service was as good as we had remembered. The antipasti, shrimp scampi, and veal piccata were well prepared, and the servings were generous. We felt that this restaurant provides good value given the quality of the food and service.

Visited March 2014

Azusa, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place to Dine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

A very nice restaurant with comfortable accommodations. Friendly wait staff and a menu to please many pallets.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Dimas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I keep going back to better and better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

20 yrs of experience shows in their food, service and my dining experience. I've had about everything on the menu and it's always a treat. The new décor makes me think I've discovered a new place. The chef prepares each sauce for every entre' and just doesn't scoop out a generic sauce from a tub. This place is by far one of my favorite all time restaurants in any category or location. Oh, it is very Italiano if I didn't mention it. Treat yourself if you appreciate white table cloth, cloth napkin, great flavor and friendly service. If you don't care for that sort of thing then just stay home and open a can of something while your spouse keeps complaining at you.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Ok without being very good or exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was fine without being very good or exceptional. First of all, they don't make any of their own pastas with the exception of the gnocchi. And because of that, I find their prices to be a bit on the high side for what they offer, particularly because it does not come with soup or salad. That makes this place quite pricey for what it is.

Sauces are pretty decent and taste fresh. Veal meatballs are ok, a bit on the small side and quite a bit too salty. Bread given before the meal is pretty good.

Ambiance is really lacking. Wait staff is very hospitable. I also found it very strange that many things you would expect to be on the menu were not- lasagna not on the menu, meatballs not on the menu as examples but they have both.

Am I upset I went there? No, not at all (except I think it was about 25% more expensive than it should have been). Would I go back? If someone said meet me @ Tulipano- it's my favorite. Otherwise, I'd try something different.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Tullipano Italion Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This Restaurant is Spectacular! Excellant Customer Service! Very clean classy comfortable. I.definatly reccomend this to everyone !!u

• Visited October 2013