“Pure heaven!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6655 Laurel Bay Drive, Avila Beach, CA 93424   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
“Pure heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are beautiful and quit with great privacy in the hot tub. Customer service was also excellent everyone was polite and concern that our visit was going great. I enjoyed the black out curtains which allowed us to sleep in longer and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lovely hotel, decorated throughout in Mission style furnishings. The staff are welcoming and attentive; there are cookies at the reception desk and coffee and tea available all day. Our room was large, comfortable, and beautifully decorated, with a gas fireplace and a hot tub on the balcony. Hotel is 1.5 miles from Avila Beach, so there is no view of the ocean, but the trade off is a quiet location. There is a walk/bike path that connects the hotel to the beach. Ample, free parking.

We were very happy with the hotel. Only room for improvement would be the continental breakfast. I would recommend the hotel provide fresh pastries (vs. the plastic wrapped kind) and a variety of fruit. Also replace the disposable utensils with "real" flatware and dishes. The hotel is very classy, but the breakfast seemed at bit like the Holiday Inn. Overall, a great experience at this hotel.

Dundas, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here April 2nd this year.
First off front desk was pleasant, helpful and parking is free.
Rooms seemed to all back onto main lobby so during regular waking hours you do hear a wee bit of noise but overall no big deal.
Rooms are simple enough and I can't really say anything positive or negative.
The bathroom though had a nice shower but I did wonder how anyone over the age of 60 or with a slight disability would be able to easily get in and out of it (high step).
The resort is located about 3 miles from Avila Beach and far enough away from the highway to not hear traffic. I don't think I would plan to stay here any longer then one night.
The included breakfast had good coffee and fresh fruit but all the pastry's were packaged and they do not seem to recycle anything. Very strange present day especially being located in California.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. Tucked away in a small cove less than 1/2 mile from the Pacific, this little gem is a travelers delight. Comfortable room, free parking, nice complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon cookies & good coffee 24/7 - whats not to like!

Very friendly & helpful staff, with complimentary access to Avila Health Club (nice!) a few steps away. Hope to visit again real soon!!

Room Tip: No full length mirror in the room, but if you're on vacation, who cares?!? Room 205 has a nice...
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotell about two years ago (See previous review) and had a terrible experience. Was very hessitant , but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I do not know if they have our name flagged, but everything I complained about the first time was just the opposite. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is tucked into the Avila Village - it's right on the Bob Jones trail which you can walk out to Avila beach, and you are a 15 minute drive into SLO. It's a pretty space, with an arts and crafts aesthetic. The rooms are very attractively appointed, and while a bit small, fine for two. We got the "deluxe hot tub room" which as many have indicated is truly not "deluxe" - the spa (not a hot tub) just fits two, and it barely fits on the deck outside. SLO is my hometown and my husband and I go regularly - usually we stay at the nearby Sycamore hot springs and this was an experiment for us - Sycamore is has a historic funkiness that we like and some of the rooms feel like you are up in the trees - and, if what you want is a real California redwood steam-producing hot tub, that is the better place to go. They also have a cozy bar, which the Village Inn lacks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We were so very disappointed. We were celebrating our 30 year anniversary and my husband surprised me with reservations here. I was so excited hearing all the fantastic plans he had made with the staff, I couldn't wait to go! He reserved the "Deluxe Hot Tub King Suite", when we showed up there was nothing deluxe about it. From the "empty of staff" front desk, we waited forever for any staff to show themselves, to the dirty room they put us in (pubic hairs in the bath), to the worn nasty panties in the drawers, and then when we went back to the front desk, (to the same young man that checked us in only minutes prior), to complain about the cleanliness, he said and did nothing to fix the problem...no apology, no offer to change rooms, nothing! My husband was embarrassed, I was embarrassed, and when my husband said we were going to another hotel the young man basically said "whatever". Luckily we had a good relationship with a great hotel on the beach (Lighthouse Suites) who put us up in their "Deluxe" suite and celebrated with us our 30 year anniversary for 4 wonderful nights! Don't stay here!

• Stayed March 2013
Dustin A, General Manager at Avila Village Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
At The Avila Village Inn we take our cleanliness very seriously. From time to time we have an unfortunate operations mistake which leads to the above mentioned issues. We always do our best to resolve the issue for all guests to make their stay as comfortable as possible. Just to clarify, The room booked was a "Hot Tub Deluxe Room" as stated when making the reservation. This was not a "Suite" that was booked. I would like to thank guests for their feedback, whether good or bad, so we can constantly improve our product and services.

Been to Avila Village Inn? Share your experiences!