“Breathtaking Views, beautiful decorating, and friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Avila Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   256 Front Street, PO Box 328, Avila Beach, CA 93424   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Avila Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Breathtaking Views, beautiful decorating, and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2006

I love this place so much that I've returned at least three times. The top sun deck is a great place to throw a party if you are traveling with a group.

If not, I recommend one of their ocean-front rooms. If that's not in your budget, get any room and enjoy that sun deck -- it's gorgeous!

The hotel is old and I have stayed in rooms that were slightly less than perfect but they gave me a terrific discount because of it (there was a ceiling leak in the living room of my suite).

The hotel has an enormous library of video tapes for you to enjoy for free and puts popcorn in your microwave to enjoy it with.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2006

WHAT A HIDDEN TREASURE THIS PLACE IS. It was a random selection from the internet, my husband and I took the teens and we all ran away for the weekend. We stayed in a family unit and it was like going to our own beach condo. The family unit was like an Apt. big lots of room 2 big futon couches that made into beds for the kids and a seperate bed room for us. With a country kitchen table for 6 and a sm kitchen. Big coffee table & TV armoire, very comfy for all. The really big suprise is how you are treated, (like old family friends), The lobby area is a central hang out, fireplace, lounging, gaming area, Hutch filled with dishes. morning coffee, tea, hot,chocolate just help your self. It's beach front baby. The roof top cabanas are to die for. you can walk the pier buy fresh fish and go topside, get dishes from the lobby and a few thing from the grocery next door and watch the sunset while BBQ your dinner. Each cabana has a t.v, wet bar, day beds, tables& chairs, their is an ice maker and it is all done in a CABO SAN LUCAS THEME ---IT'S THE BOMB--- The library is really neat just go down pick out a movie, great selection. We are going back with out the kids and staying in a Ocean front room made for the adult weekend asap. We have stayed a lot of places on the coast but this will be were we stay from now on you cant go wrong.

ROUND ROCK, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

My wife and I recently stayed at the Inn for a couple of days just to get away for a bit and rekindle our marriage. This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in for the price. The hospitality of the staff is one that can't be found in even the most expensive hotels. I loved the views!!! I recommend that you request the "Owners Suite" as I did on my second night. This is the most romantic room in the entire Inn. You are not only blessed with a extraordinary view, but you also have a fireplace and jacuzzi in the room!!! The only downfall to Avila Beach (I'm not talking about the Inn itself) is that you had better eat early, because there are definitly not any late night spots nearby to grab a bite at...

Thanks for Everything,

The Sephus Family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

My boyfriend and I just got back from the Inn today(2/21/06) and we had an absolute fabulous time. We are a young couple of about 20 and we had a great time here at the inn. The rooms were absolutley amazing, I have never stayed in rooms like these before, they were gorgeous. I loved everything about the Inn, there is a sun deck were you can just sit out (on the roof) and just look out into the ocean, it was gorgeous. Everyone at the Inn was extremley nice and they really accommidated us. I absolutley loved this place. It is the perfect place to just get away and relax, and that is all we did. We could have just stayed in the room all day long. Anyone who stays here will not regret it.

The Capra Guests

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on 2/12/06 to celebrate both our 1 year anniversary and Valentine's Day. We stayed in a Spa Room and couldn't have been more pleased. Everything from the jacuzzi tub to the plush large towels was perfect. To top it off not only was the room amazing the staff was incredible. We both felt as if we were staying at a good friend's home instead of at a hotel. Thank you for a trully memorable anniversary.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

We stayed at the Inn at Avila Beach November 20-23, 2005. We had a full view ocean room on the third floor and the view was perfect! The cabanas on the roof have fluffy pillows on day beds and there are sofas and chairs - all so you can relax and look at the ocean. Our room had a record player (you could get the vinyl records in the library downstairs), a VCR (go to the library for movies), microwave and fridge. The common room downstairs allowed you to order out and eat in - complete with the use of plates, silverware, glasses, etc. We walked down the street and ate at the Custom House and had the greatest clam chowder in a bread bowl!! The Inn is not a chain - it is unique in its decor and there's no elevator - but even with my bad knee, the climb wasn't bad at all. Loved the available hot chocolate and popcorn - the staff was friendly and the lobby had some great art. We also went for a walk on the nearby pier and saw six or seven dolphins swim by.

• Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

We stayed at this hotel during a month long holiday in California and it was without a doubt the best place we stayed in.

The rooms are large, clean and well equipped and the staff are the friendliest we came across during our trip.

Avila Beach is a beautiful little town and this hotel makes it the perfect place for a quiet, relaxing break.

It's steps away from the beach and local amenities and the roof terrace has spectaular views and is a great place to relax at night.

We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed October 2005
Spyglass Inn
Spyglass Inn
#15 of 28 in Pismo Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 567 reviews

Been to Inn at Avila Beach? Share your experiences!