“Worst hotel ever” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Seaport Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avalon
Seaport Village Inn
You added Seaport Village Inn to your Saves list
119 Maiden Lane, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Avalon B&B and Inns
“Worst hotel ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2005

This hotel was terrible, false advertisement all the way!, expensive rooms with no view, no fridge or anything for what I paid. The only "amenity" you might enjoy is the TV. Shuttle cars in bad condition, etc, etc. Dont go there, some rooms make you think you are at a cheap motel. But who knows, you might get one of the 5 good rooms this place has.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

Stayed in the olive room for a weekend. Location of the hotel is great, a little off the main drag but just a minutes walk to both the casino ,shops, and eateries. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Someone was waiting right by the dock when we arrived and also returned us to the dock when we requested upon departure. The room was clean and ample if you aren't looking to spend all day and all night couped up in it. I would stay at the Seaport village inn again.

• Stayed July 2005
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights for our "babymoon." It was a last minute thing. We got the whole package for a cheap price (compared to the other hotels). We asked to move to a different room because they gave us a room with 2 twin beds. They moved us with no questions asked. We had a nice room with a nice view of the ocean. The people at the front desk were nice and polite. The hotel is not at the strip, but we did not mind. It was pretty quiet at that area. Breakfast was not bad. It's not the typical doughnuts and coffee. They served real breakfast. If we were to go back to Catalina, we'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2005
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2005

My husband and I went to this Inn for a Father's Day getaway for the weekend to relieve his stress. Upon arrival in Avalon, we called the hotel for shuttle pick-up and the shuttle driver came and picked us up 45 minutes later. (The inn was only 5 minutes or less away). The staff, including the driver who apologized, was very friendly. We got into our room and it looked like a cheap motel that you would pay $20 to take a hooker (Rm. 307). It was very tiny and gave us a view of a brick wall and some construction. It was very dark because we couldn't get enough natural light. After my husband and I complained to each other for an hour, I decided to do something about it and requested another room. The staff seemed very guilty and gave me a key to another room to see if I liked it. He said that he would upgrade me with no charge. I loved the other room! It was a suite with a living room with a queen sized Murphy bed, a full kitchen, a window seat and cushions with an incredible view, a sliding glass door and balcony in the main bedroom with another queen size bed. It was the size of a big 1 bedroom apartment. Needless to say, I told him that I wanted it. After he looked and saw that I wasn't in the room that he thought I was in, he said that he had to charge me $40 more per night. I didn't care. My husband and I would have been miserable for 2 days in the other room. My advise to you is that if you're paying $264 for 2 nights, make sure you get your money's worth. Don't let them screw you over!

Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

this was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Everyhting that was included in the package price made it a real deal. The boat, taxi, champagne, jacuzzi tub in room and breakfast were all included, the staff went above and beyond there job to help us switch our boat tickts to a earlier departure time. The room was nicer than the description, the location was perfect and close to the main part of town. seaport village inn completed the perfect trip for my husband and I, we plan on coming back here at least once a year now. Thanks!!!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2004

my wife and I stay here every year, the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is great and is part of your stay. We go scuba diving while we are there, the staff will shuttle you down to the dive park with your gear and pick you up when you are finished diving. all included with your room rate. A good deal in catalina. never need a taxi. also at breakfast, Andy will make sure you have all the coffee and food you want! the only place I go when we come to catalina. A good deal for sure!!! DAN------ STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2004

This trip to Catalina was a Christmas present from my Husband. I was excited when our Van drove up to the hotel, as the location & grounds looked very nice. The staff seemed nice and let us check into our room early. Then we entered our room! Room #301. The room was in great need of a remodel. Most of the walls were dirty and the carpets looked decent, but the base boards were missing. The furniture was in desperate need of refinishing, as well as, the dark moldy bathroom with cracked tile and toilet seat and the bed linens were very gray, old and used. The room totally gave me the creeps. The TV in the closet on a tacky dirty shelf, that you were to put your belongings on the 3 bottom shelfs in there too. This was my Christmas present, did I have the right to make a stink to my Husband? I was going to make the best of the situation and be positive about the "location, view, breakfast, which was O.K., but not great." I could tell my Husband was trying to make the best of the situation too. In spite of the "Seaport" we had a great time in Catalina and learned that there are some beautiful, clean hotels in Avalon. If you like staying in a pleasant, clean room, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff seemed strange/guilty, but nice and never "once" ask us if we enjoyed our room/accommodations. They even had the NERVE to charge us $2.00 per bag to store our luggage for 2 hours. They were nice enough to pick us up in town (in a golf cart) and transport us to the Heliport. This was not a cheap weekend package, my Husband paid top dollar. So please give this Hotel, some serious thought when planning your next trip to Avalon.

Been to Seaport Village Inn? Share your experiences!