“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay in Glenmore. Our room was very beach like and the location was great. Also, everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Plus they let us leave our backpacks in the front desk while we were exploring the island.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Great location! The staff was super nice, I felt like I was their best friend by the time I left. Rooms were clean! Price was good and they upgraded my room for free! But that was probably because i came on wensday. I would come back in a heartbeat...

• Stayed January 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel and a treat to discover. It's age and it's history, in addition to the modern rooms and tremendous staff made this a warm and welcoming place to stay while we visited Catalina Island. All the positive reviews I read on line were exceeded during our stay at the Glenmore Plaza and we are sure to return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It's like having a room at a friend's really large beach cottage. Very comfortable, homey and clean. You really can't beat this place for the rate ($88 per night @ off-season). I was initially put off by some not-so-favorable reviews from another site but it was our only last-minute option so I booked it. Come to find out, the entire hotel seems to have been very recently renovated, all the rooms are freshly painted, the bathrooms look to have been updated recently and it's very clean. The Glenmore is located right in the center of town. They offer free wi-fi for guests, a small but functional continental breakfast downstairs in the morning where you are encouraged to mingle with other guests, and in our room (#306), we have a giant 72" TV and a jacuzzi tub. Looking forward to staying here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We recently came over to Avalon for 3 days, 2 nights mid-week and stayed at the Glenmore Plaza Hotel. We got the lovely room #301, with a king-sized bed, nice linens, and an incredible bathroom! The room also had a small fridge and microwave for late-night leftovers, as well as a distant view of the Casino. I'm not sure that all the rooms are remodeled yet but our room was one of the nicer rooms we've ever seen!
The hotel was built in the 1800's so it has a lot of character. There is no elevator but the walk up and down is good exercise. The hotel is in the center of Avalon, near tons of restaurants, the local Vons (both the bigger one and the smaller one) and all the shops. The staff at the hotel were all very nice and accomodating. They picked us up from the ferry even though it is just a short walk. Overall we would highly recommend it. I wish I had pictures to post but we accidently deleted them!

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a remodeled room. Room 301 was gorgeous!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

That being said, I don't understand all the poor ratings! Hotel is nice and owners are great (even after we woke them up by being too loud late night). Great place to stay IF u HAVE to go to Catalina. This island is a pathetic joke! Lockals are an insane mix of stuck up white trash losers. We were actually stopped by robbo loser cop trying to impress a gaggle of horse faced women with his testosterone and "power." he threatened to arrest us for not remembering where our hotel was (we missed the street and had to turn back, and yes we were walking). I had to show the gentelman my reservation confirmation on my phone. Too bad I paid more for my hotel room for the night than that loser makes in a week! When I told him I'd never come back here, loser responded that that was good "because they don't like all the tourists." for the record, tourism pays for this place and for Sargent morons salary. Needless to say, next time I wanna drop $10000 I'll stay at home, or go on a real vacation

• Stayed October 2011
Stevenson Ranch, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I just left the hotel, about 3 hours ago. I have paid about $170.00 a night for the room on the 4 th floor. Totally cool room. modern, fully remodeled, fresh, beautifull. I took some pictures and i will post later.

Lobby does nor represent what the room have offered. Huge room, clean, with comfy sofa, small table with chairs, fridge and microwave.
There was no need for either one. room a/c unter was new and worked perfectly. Breakfeast i did not expect but i got.

I loved the location, the adminstrator by name Jack was awesome. I went to check Metropole, and room just like the one i had at Glenmore, Metropole was charging $ 450.00. The difference was bigger bathroom and small balcony. This hotels are a few feet away, i had all for much less at Glenmore. I will stay again at Glenmore.

Please visit CC Gallager cafe shop. great place.

Room Tip: ask the room 403
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Glenmore Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!