“BEWARE! Even if you do have a confirmed reservation.” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 60 Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Catalina Adventure Tours - The best Catalina Island Adventure experience! Catalina Adventure tours have been catering to tourists from around the world for over 20 years. Catalina Adventure Tours features the best Catalina Island packages including the glass bottom boat, nautilus submarine, seal rocks explorer, guided Catalina city/botanical garden tours, and guided wild life tours featuring the exotic wild Buffalo roaming Catalina Island. Our tours will make any Catalina Island vacation a memorable experience for everyone.
Santa Barbara, California
4 attraction reviews
“BEWARE! Even if you do have a confirmed reservation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

My husband and I were on a cruise and one of our day trips was in Avalon on Catalina Island. We reviewed and searched for fun things to do. We decided to book a submarine tour with Catalina Adventure Tours and if we booked that tour they would give us a deal on a land tour. About a month prior to our cruise we booked, paid and got a confirmation number. When they day came for us to take our tours we approached the desk agent and said Hello we are here for our submarine tour. The agent laughed and said, "Well, no your not going today." I pulled our paperwork out and showed her the confirmation number and reciept for payment. She said we do not have a guide for that tour it has been cancelled. We were a little bummed but said okay we would like a refund on our credit card. She said, no the tickets are good indefinetly you can use them another time. We said no, we do not know when we will be back we want a refund. She finally said she could not do a refund I need to speak with a supervisor- who was not in. So, I took down the information and called. I actually ended up calling five times. Each time telling the story and being told the tickets are good forever. I have been now told I will see a credit on my credit card, still have not seen it. I highly discourage people from using this company for having to go through the misery we have in dealing with them when THEY cancelled the tour. It is ridiculous. We ended up renting a golf cart and doing a touring the island ourself. That was fun the island was beautiful.