“Choose the other Sub” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 52 activities in Avalon
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Catalina Adventure Tours - The best Catalina Island Adventure experience! Catalina Adventure tours have been catering to tourists from around the world for over 20 years. Catalina Adventure Tours features the best Catalina Island packages including the glass bottom boat, nautilus submarine, seal rocks explorer, guided Catalina city/botanical garden tours, and guided wild life tours featuring the exotic wild Buffalo roaming Catalina Island. Our tours will make any Catalina Island vacation a memorable experience for everyone.
Tustin, California
10 attraction reviews
“Choose the other Sub”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The yellow sub has small windows and is pretty cramp. We tried the "green sub" through Catalina "Island" Company/Discovery Tours and found it more spacious with a better view because of the bigger windows.

San Diego, California
“I 2nd that! Avoid Catalinatours.net an Alcatraz media co.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Also the travel guard insurance is ridiculous! Im pregnant and haveing issues and so I wanted to cancel and I figured I purchased the travel gaurd insurance I would be ok to get my money back since this is medical in nature- I was told that Im not even covered if a physician orders pregnancy bed rest... I just lose my money! So I asked to change the name on the reservations so that I wouldn't just lose money and I could give it to someone else as a gift and they charge you $20 for that. Instead I decided to change the return time since I couldn't stay as long due to my pregnany issues and I didn't want to just throw away $150.00 so I asked to return same day instead of 3 days later, They charge you $20 for this change as well. This company doesn't consider your situation at all they just nickle and dime you- poor customer service! You get kicked around on calls. I should have known! before I purchased my tickets online I called and I had to leave a message because they always had callers ahead and the phone system only allows you to hold for 4 min. and then it forces you to leave a message or call back and wait all over again... I left 3 messages and NEVER got a call back. I emailed on the website and never got a response to my email. So I blame myself for deciding to go ahead and purchase the tickets on this website anyway.... but I thought I shouldn't let others know so that they don't make the same mistake. If you have any life changes that may alter your trip this is not the website to purchase your tickets.

Visited May 2012
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
22 attraction reviews
“Boat tour of coast and then out to sea to find dolphins”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Beautiful ride to see the coast of Catalina Island. Guide was very nice and informative. Then she took us out to sea and she found a pod of feeding dolphins. There were hundreds of dolphins, we were ecstatic! It was lots of fun, we would love to come back during whale season.

New Hampshire
19 attraction reviews
“Yellow Nautilus Semi Submersible Underwater Tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This definitely fits the definition of "tourist trap" in our opinion. It's expensive for what you get - a short ride through the kelp in Lover's Cove next to the harbor where you can "torpedo" the fish with food ----- for an additional hefty fee. I wouldn't have felt so ripped off if the fish food were included in the exorbitant ticket price.

LA
10 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We did the Skyline tour - with a stellar guide who made the trip fun - and even got to see a bison! We also did the semi-submersible and got to see a kelp forest and the fish preserve, which was fun. These tours were all very kid friendly, and I would recommend them.