Even after reading previous (mixed) reviews, I felt it necessary to post about our experience the weekend after Christmas. The room was a nice size and clean. The desk staff were friendly, and knowledgeable about the island and what to do, and what not to do.
We enjoy our 2 nights there, and they even held onto our bags in a safe locked location before we departed on the third day on the boat back to LA. It's tucked away up the hill so if you can't walk I don't recommend staying there, but the new museum is being built right next door, which looks pretty cool. When we go back for another visit, we'll definitely consider staying there again. For as much as there is to do and see on the island, you don't need the fanciest of hotels when you won't spend much time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA