Perfect weekend getaway! Location is ideal - a few blocks off the main beach area, within walking distance to everything (including ferry pier). Hotel is a little older, but fine for a weekend. Be aware that there is no elevator. We were on the third floor and the stairs are rather steep. Bed was comfortable. Glad to have air-conditioning as it was unusually warm for this time of year. Continental breakfast consists of instant oatmeal, coffee, tea and some fruit served in the very small front office, which then has to be taken by tray to your room (no place to sit). Unless you have kids, I suggest skipping this and going to one of the really good breakfast restaurants in town (Jack's or Pancake house).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA