I stayed here for a weekend during the summer season with a couple of friends and did not regret a single penny spent (and this is coming from an LA college student living on somewhat of a tight budget)! One of the main reasons I had never visited Catalina Island earlier was because I had always believed that such a trip would be well outside of my price range. I couldn't have been more wrong! Catalina Island offers an experience incomparable to anything else in the immediate area, almost to the point where price is nearly no longer of any concern to me. We had the chance to do dolphin watching, ziplining, and scuba diving all in just 2 days! The rest of the time was spent enjoying the delectable food offered by the various cuisines around Avalon and simply relaxing at the hotel.
The Casa Mariquita is not like any hotel I had ever stayed at; unlike most places, it seems to pride itself most on its unique interior design and homeliness afforded by its small size and quiet location. The hotel is modeled in a distinctive Spanish style complete with patios and open walkways that give a refreshing, wide-open feel throughout. You won't even need to leave the hotel to experience the beautiful weather that Catalina Island offers. The rooms themselves are reminiscent of something more familiar, so much so that it felt like a home away from home after just a two night stay. Another contributing factor is the friendly staff - they are extremely helpful with booking tours and recommending restaurants and such. Their joviality and simple willingness to strike up a casual conversation did so much to make us feel more at home. Thank you Mark, Lauren, Tiffany, and housekeeping! All in all, the Casa Mariquita Hotel offers an authentic atmosphere perfectly fitting for a trip to L.A.'s own mini Costa Del Sol.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA