I'm surprised that this hotel has such a great rating, my experience was not as great. We had to change hotels on our 3rd day on the island because rooms were not available on Friday at our previous hotel. I booked a room at this hotel, because it was nearby and seemed to be pleasant enough for our last day. It is located right next to an empty dirt lot and is on the golf cart route. When you walk up the street to the hotel from the main drag you see a huge yellow wall, no windows or balconies on this side of the hotel, the side closest to the ocean. Our room was advertised as a partial ocean view room, it also had a view of another wall and down to a smoking patio. The patio had no view of the ocean at all just a high wall that should have been lower. Our room was small and dark, with paper cups and little baskets with hotel amenities. We luggage was stored during the day in a small dark closet because our room was not ready when we arrived, understandably since we got there around 11am. This hotel has no elevators, but plenty of stairs, if you are on the 3rd level it can be quite a hike with suitcases. They have a card request to conserve water which is fine, however the fancy granite sink they put in has knobs that are difficult to turn off if your hands are soapy or even wet. If you are going to stay here, book a room on the highest floor, with a window facing the ocean, there are a few, if you can handle the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA