“Nice weekend getaway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Mariquita Hotel

Save Saved
You added Casa Mariquita Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Mariquita Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   229 Metropole Ave, PO Box 1021, Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #10 of 19 hotels in Avalon
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice weekend getaway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

A nice hotel not far from the main attractions. All the young ladies at the front desk were very polite and helpful. If you are arriving on the ferry, it is about a 15 minute walk. (I am 47 yrs. old and average condition...you can make it !!) If you opt for the taxi, and you might if you have large or heavy luggage...its a $10. fare and a 2 minute ride. Its an older hotel but kept very clean. We had no complaints.

Room Tip: an interior room will relieve you of any street noise. It was very quiet for us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lauren L, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Mariquita Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know how we're doing. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and we'd love to see you again soon!

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Encinitas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just spent my birthday weekend in Avalon and stayed at Casa Mariquita - we absolutely loved it! They were so sweet and accomodating and we loved the Spanish style of the hotel.. I would definitely stay there again:))

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your wonderful review, Lindsey! We're so glad that you enjoyed your birthday weekend on the island, and we'd love to see you again!
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just stayed there for 2 weekend nights 9-28 and 9-29. I have been traveling to Catalina for over 15 years and lived there for 5 summers. The hotel is very nice and quaint. I am a diver and was attending a diving conference, which entailed lots of gear. The owner allowed us to store the gear in the luggage room on the first floor (our room was on the third) which saved my back. The staff never failed in assisting us with anything.

Room Tip: Room 10 on the 3rd floor was very nice, wood floors, two queen beds, etc. It was nice. If you have a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review, Peter! We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again!
Fallbrook, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

What a great place to stay!!
We had a very nice relaxing time here.
Staff was so friendly. Christine is a gem. She is such a great lady. She gave us many recommendations about what to do on the island. She helped us with everything we needed. The rest of the staff was great too Lauren Lilly and a few others. Lilly was happy to give her recommendations as well. The staff was very upbeat and genuine. I'd say Christine and Lilly went above and beyond. In any business that is what matters and brings people back.

The room was very nice and super clean. We enjoyed hanging out on the patios through out the hotel. Nice tables set up with beautiful plants everywhere. The plants are all so well taken care of. It gave a nice tropical feel. We saw Christine tending to the plant feeding them some special food. We came home with ideas for feeding our yard,

I would have to say this is the best hotel experience I have ever had. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your fantastic review, Susan! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again!
SanDiego,CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

The property is very nice and Christine at the desk is a jewel. However, when I left a pair of capris on the end of the bed (they must have fallen down with the bedspread at nite), they disappeared. We left the hotel at about 11:00 am the next day, and later that day when I was trying to get dressed for the evening, I realized that I had left them there. I immediately called the hotel and talked to Christine who said she would look into it. She checked but the maids were gone for the day and she didn't see anything. She said she'd check the next morning. I didn't hear so I walked over. I personally confronted the maids, one in particular (the shorter one of the two) who of course at this time denied she knew anything. The taller one of the two maids, in Spanish, asked her point blank if she had stolen them. She of course said no even though she is the one who makes the beds. I was promised, by Christine, an email from the manager, Cathy Lopez, which I never got. I called and she never called back. The clothing was not terribly expensive, but that obviously was not the point. They were the only ones, besides a pair of shorts I had for the week. For this reason, I would not recommend that ANYONE stay here.
They are very proud of the fact that Trip Advisor reviewers have responded favorably about this hotel. In fact, they have a very nice letter posted in the lobby. Trip Advisor is how I found them. I say BEWARE--THE MAIDS ARE DISHONEST!!!!!

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view. however, as I have said the maids are dishonest
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Nothing fancy here, but good, clean basic rooms of a decent size. The staff was super friendly and interested in my family having a great time. The location a couple of blocks from the main strip is not ideal, but also totally fine. All in all, a solid option for tpur Catalina het away--and how much time are you going to spend in your room anyway?

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we're doing -- we really appreciate your review. We hope to see you again!
Calabasas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Christine made us feel like family. She was so welcoming and accommodating. The hotel is well cared for and is centrally located to all the shops and beach. We will definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Casa Mariquita Hotel? Share your experiences!