This place is fine, unfortunately the staff is horrible. Staying here is like staying at someone's home that doesn't want you there and is passively aggressively tolerating you there. Only stay here if you have no other option and don't expect to feel welcome. The owner is a grumpy old man that probably doesn't realize that things like online reviews exist so he feels free to treat his guest like cattle and Christine and Kathy are the staff to avoid if you're unlucky enough to have to stay here.
Catalina is great and expensive, don't go through all the work and expense to get there and only to end up having your vacation ruined by staying at Casa Mariquita.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA