My spouse and I stayed for one night, and we were very pleased. Christine at the front desk was very friendly, helping us store our luggage until check-in time, and offering hiking and other tips for activities in Avalon. The hotel had a outdoorsy, Spanish feel, which fit well for Catalina's outdoor activities. The bed was very comfortable.
A couple shortcomings: (1) the breakfast is limited pretty much to muffins and oatmeal, so it may not suffice for all guests (still a good value though); and (2) the bathroom is very tight and has the appearance out of a cheap motel. The hotel seemed to invest more in the bedset and the sink/vanity, which were beautiful. Overall, quiet location and great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting beautiful Catalina Island, you will find a gem of a hotel called The Casa Marquita. Located a short walk from the bustling shops and restaurants on front street, Crescent Ave, the Casa Maraquita offers a quiet and comfortable place to stay. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Casa Mariquita boasts classic Spanish architecture keeping with the traditional charm of Avalon, Santa Catalina Island.Built in 1990, Casa Mariquita Hotel is among the newest built of all Catalina Island hotels. We offer a variety of Catalina Island hotel packages so that you can get the most out of your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Casa Mariquita Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Mariquita Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Avalon
- Casa Mariquita Hotel Catalina Island/Avalon, CA