“Great stop” 5 of 5 stars

Santa Ana, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

free little joint that shows some of the geological history of the place. Well worth the stop.

Visited June 2012

roseburg
“limited”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

really sorry to see the island so regulated that you have to pay for everything... even hiking.
Yes, the hike is free but you go thru the fee area to get to the summit. The nature center plants were fairly redundant and most were not labeled.
We would have rented a bike for under $10 but you have to have a permit that costs $35.. oH.. it is good for a year.. well, yoo hooo... we live in Oregon.. not across the bay,
We were even stopped from walking around the outer roadway.. a paved legal road.
I loved .. repeat LOVED .. Catalina about 10 years ago... this time I was showing my hubby how great it was, and we couldnt enjoy most of the island.

Visited March 2012
Oceanside, California
18 attraction reviews
“Interpretive Center is Neat but Small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My Family and I stopped at the interpretive center in our rented gasoline golf cart and spent a few minutes viewing the exhibits. The Center is dedicated to the preservation of Natural Santa Catalina and the exhibits are both interesting and eye catching. My only complaint, there was not enough time (due to our rental contract) to spend more time there and that is certainly not the fault of the Center.

I would recommend a walk up from downtown Avalon and a 30 to 45 minutes to drink in all the exhibits and the film (which we did not have time to watch). The building is rather small but they have packed it full of information.

Visited October 2011