“Excellent service, view and meal. Great local spot with local owners.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steve's Steakhouse

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Avalon
california
“Excellent service, view and meal. Great local spot with local owners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Being our first time to Catalina in 20 years, we were not sure where to eat. We saw the sign for Steve's and thought it might be nice to be on the 2nd floor with nice views of the harbor. This place did not disappoint. The host was a nice young man who was born and raised on the island and very friendly and helpful. We were there for lunch and they seated us right at the window. The food was excellent and generous and reasonably priced for lunch. Very nice staff and atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience at Steve's. I am so happy that we did not disappoint you and that your lunch was excellent and you found our prices reasonable. As a family owned restaurant, we are very happy to know we provided you with warm and friendly service as we believe as a guest to Catalina you deserve it. We hope your overall trip to Catalina was an enjoyable experience and that you don't wait another 20 years to visit again!

With warm regards from the island,

Orange County, CA
“Good but Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Good but Overpriced. Pricing surely had an impact in our ability to get seated here without a wait on a busy Saturday evening in July. Our table thought the food was good but overpriced. The seafood skewer was different included a small portion of swordfish and one scallop which were very good but at $30 should have been two skewers instead of just one. the dining area seemed too busy where we sat close to entrance and kitchen. Only a few tables overlooked the harbor.

Visited July 2014
Steve B, Owner at Steve's Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about Steve's Steakhouse. Although you thought our food good, I am sorry to read that your party felt we are overpriced. I do thank you for dining with us and hope your overall trip to the island was enjoyable and that you visit Catalina again sometime in the near future.

Sacramento, CA
“What it's all about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Steve's is a steakhouse. But they do it well. Knowledgeable servers who know their menu. Good quality ingredients. Nothing too exotic - but this is a place you can bring people to and be comfortable knowing it will be a good experience. Nice view of the harbor from the window seats.

Visited August 2014
Dear Guest,

I love your heading "What it's all about" and and your comment "this is a place you can bring people to and be comfortable knowing it will be a good experience" because that is exactly what I strive for, all of us at Steve's strive for, and I am so glad you feel that way. Thank you for such a great compliment and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

Tampa, FL
“Best Place in Town...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

...so say the locals, and I agree. This was our first stop on our Food Tour where we had coconut shrimp, creamy tomato soup, teriyaki steak and pink lemonade. The lemonade was too sweet for me, but all else was excellent. Went back for dinner the next night and had the filet skewers; my fiance' had a buffalo burger--both very good.

Visited August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you and your fiancé enjoyed your meal with us on the Taste of Avalon Food Tour and came back the next night for dinner. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and for considering us the best place in town! I really appreciate your comments and hope you will dine with us again on your next trip to the island.

With warm regards from Catalina,

Santa Clarita, California
“Always a Favorite on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have eaten at Steve's Steakhouse several times as my husband and I go to the island every year for our anniversary. From the moment you walk in you are greeted by friendly, patient people who make you feel right at home. My go-to choice is the 'shrimp, Avalon style' and it never disappoints. My husband swears by the filet mignon. If you are lucky enough to get a table by the window, the view is beautiful. If not, the friendly and accommodating staff still make you feel like you are a VIP customer. There have been times we chose to eat somewhere else, and have always regretted it. We won't make that mistake again! See you soon, Steve!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for dining with us during your annual trip to the island to celebrate your anniversary. I am so happy that our Shrimp Avalon Style never disappoints you and your husband swears by our filet mignon. I am also very glad to read that you feel like a VIP guest when you dine with us. As a family steakhouse, we genuinely love what we do and want every person that walks through our door to know they are welcomed as our guest and our friend. I hope you and your husband had a wonderful anniversary celebration on the island and we look forward to you joining us again next year!

With warm regards from Steve's,