“Oh to Stay Longer!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Avalon
San Clemente, CA
“Oh to Stay Longer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

To start off with, Diana was a superior host. She is a gem herself. The property was recommended to us by a new friend of ours, Pat, and it was as gorgeous as he described. The patio below is gorgeous, and the rooftop patio is stunning with a panoramic view of the harbor. The rooms were elegantly finished and had plenty of room. My wife loved it more than I did, and I thought it was superb.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

the mid-week special package is a terrific value for bed and breakfast alone but it's the staff that makes the experience so wonderful. I took my mom (who is a senior) to Catalina...it was her first visit and she loved it. We found the staff took a real interest in the quality of each guests experience. The room was spacious with a queen and murphy bed and the view was beautiful. There was a separate desk area which allowed me to connect to the internet and work at my leisure.

• Stayed July 2009
Riverside
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

My wife and I traveled to Catalina for our honeymoon. When I told the front desk that it
was for our honeymoon on the phone, they spread rose petals throughout the room, and gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne. Everything was lovely; everything was super clean, the staff super helpful, and they treated us very well. In fact I work at a retreat center/hotel myself so I can tell when someone is just being nice because they are being paid. The staff here was genuinely helpful and nice. As far as amenities we were provided a laptop for use during our stay, a beach bag with towels, binoculars, lots of nice stuff . We had a great honeymoon. I'm planning our vacation now , and I plan on a return trip to this splendid hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

I went for my birthday this May, was upgraded from a nice roon with a partial ocean view to a nicer room with a full ocean view with a balcony, at no extra charge. Kathy was a very sweet and caring host. She was thoughtful to keep her eye out if an upgrade became available, and I appreciate that.It made my birthday a really special one for me and my husband.
Thanks!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Guys, if you're looking to score big points with your gal and not have to spend hours pinning down all the details, this place is a no brainer. The location is perfect since it's just off the main street which runs along the shoreline which is where 90% of things are happening. We went on the off season and it was quite. The hotel is, as my wife put it, perfect, cute and romantic. The rooms (only 24) are small, but super clean, very comfortable (especially the bed) and nicely decorated. But the most important thing was the staff. Kristen and Ruben are amazing. They put together a package which included the boat ride, a few attractions and most importantly, the champagne, roses and chocolate covered strawberries that were waiting in the room for us when we arrived (score big points!!!!!!!) They also called ahead so we would have a terrific table at the resturants. The cleaning staff kept our room spotless and always had fresh towels and night time bed turn down service ready before we came back for the evening. OK, so if I have to find something to complain about, it would be the low water pressure in the shower (blame that on the draught and water conservation) and it's a little on the pricey side, but well worth it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The Avalon was an amazing place to stay. We stayed in room 301. The view was spectacular. My husband and I woke up to clear skies and enjoyed our lounge chairs on the deck just off our room. Very private and I felt like we had the world at our feet. The hotel was so beautiful. The decor true to the island Art Nuvoue style. Down to the silver ware and fiesta plate ware. The staff were helpful and really treated the hotel as if it were their own. Ruben and Juan went out of their way to make sure our visit was the most enjoyable. We went over to the sister Hotel for our couples massage. WOW, Barbara is the best. Her technique's were off the charts" Best massage every " . Our boat was delayed and Ruben made sure we where taken care of with a late check out and even a personal wake up call on the roof top deck where we waited for our taxi and off we went. Ruben made our visit seem like we were visiting an old friend. He is a keeper and took his job very seriously. We will be back and look forward to seeing the staff again. Oh, I can't forget Kristen. Thank you for the complimentary champain it really made our last day even more enjoyable and the sweet note you slipped into our bag. The trip kept going. Thank you again " The Avalon is a great place to stay ! Nathan and Karyn Dilworth

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

This was my second trip to the Avalon Hotel and I definitely plan to go back again. Everything is really new and great quality - they didn't skimp on anything when they remodelled this place. I particularly loved the memory foam beds - for many reasons, including it was the best night's sleep I ever had - I immediately bought myself one of these beds when I got back to the mainland. Anyway, the staff were really friendly and helpful - they gave us lots of info about what to do and arranged a golf cart for us. Would definitely recommend this place :-)

Stayed December 2008