“Amazing staff and a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Two Night Fall Vacation
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Lancaster, California
“Amazing staff and a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our stay at the Avalon Hotel was just wonderful!! What a beautiful place, so clean and inviting, it gave the feel of a bed and breakfast! The breakfast that was served in the garden area was very nice! The staff was amazing, so friendly, made us feel like family!! We bought the couples massage package and it was the best massage my husband and I have ever had! Thank you for making our visit to your little island wonderful!!!

Room Tip: Try to get the 3rd floor, the views are awesome!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
canoga park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Well all i can say is "WOW WOW WOW"...and more than a mouthful of greater things to come...if you decide to stay here?...just for notable mention the staff is truly the greatest ....i have ever incountered, as well...the hotel has so many plus+++++and it is truly hard to squezz it all in the typo box!...do your self the favor and come here with the idea you just might be rolling the dice...like you where coming here for the first time and find out for your self!...we will be back many more times in near future!....i would trulyrecommened to all especially couples!......the price is more than fair for all the attention you shall receive!....again many thanks to Laurie and Ana and Rosy and Mellissa and Remiro .....and the rest of the crew !...they truly out did themselfs...again my heartfull many thanks too all..... and for a very fun and relaxing trip .....too all of your staff at the Avalon....and we will see you very soon again and very soon ..this is truly the "best of the best" ......Most Sincerely, Fred and Julie Ann Young from the main land California!

Redondo Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I come to Avalon every year and stay at Villa Portofino and this year I decided to try a new hotel. The rest of my group chose the Pavilion but I chose the Avalon Hotel and I was very glad I did. To start off, they provide taxi vouchers to and from the boat dock. The staff, and Lorie, were friendly and helpful and one of them actually carried my suitcases up all three staircases! I stayed in Room 301 which has a private balcony with a wet bar which I stocked with wine and whenever I could sneak away from my group that's were I was. The garden comes complete with koi pond, fire pit and complimentary breakfast and since the mornings in June were foggy it was nice to sit by the fire and eat breakfast. This isn't just a continental breakfast, its much more. You could even come down to breakfast in the robe provided in your room. Many people did!

Because I'm such a life long fan of Avalon I really liked the Catalina tile in the bathroom and the historic pictures in the halls. The room amenities were awesome - sun screen, a beach bag with towels, Fiesta ware in the bathroom, a microwave, wine glasses, cork screw, hot chocolate and coffee, popcorn and let me add the coffee mugs were awesome too. I really fought the urge to take one!!!

I stayed nearly a week and I have to admit the stairs were a trial at times but I focused on the prize - my room - and made it every time. Having the last set of stairs up to the rooftop right outside my door was so convenient. I hopped up there for coffee in the morning.

My trip this year was perfect thanks to the Avalon Hotel!

Room Tip: The third floor balcony rooms are awesome if you can take climbing the stairs. Lots of storage in t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Santee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel was everything it advertised. We stayed overnight in early June. Weather was wonderful. The staff was friendly, warm and professional. Hotel was clean and comfortable with beautiful architecture, furnishings and views. We received a complementary bottle of Champagne when they heard we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Breakfast on the patio was wonderful. Rarely do you find one that serves fresh breads and pastries instead of old moldy smelling ones and fruit that is perfectly ripe. Cannot say enough good things about the Avalon and cannot wait to come back!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have lived in California all my life, but have never ventured to Catalina. My Husband surprised me with a trip for our fifth wedding anniversary. We had originally book at the Catalina Canyon resort, but became leery with all the poor trip advisor reviews. However we were willing to give them a shot. One of the reviews advised that you get your reservation in writing, however after many attempts to do so the staff at Catalina Canyon could not complete this "Simple" task. We canceled our reservation.

We are so glad they could not complete that task. We quickly shifted to the Avalon and are sure glad we did. We stayed in room 201. What a GREAT room and property. The gals at the front desk were amazing and treated us like family.

If you are going to Catalina, I would only consider the Avalon. I know it is a bit pricy but WELL worth every dollar.

Room Tip: Room 201, or Room 301 have amazing ocean views.
El Cajon, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Avalon hotel is amazing. The staff was very friendly. They knew we were coming for our anniversary and left us a bottle of champagne in our room. The views are great and make for a very romantic setting. My boyfriend ended up proposing last weekend! We loved our experience here.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3-day, 2-night stay at the Avalon Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful grounds, rooftop deck, clean and comfortable room, yummy continental breakfast and snacks in the lobby and the amazing hospitality of the staff. It felt like a home away from home. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We chose a garden room, which was a better value and a little quieter than a balcony room, which wou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Avalon Hotel on Catalina Island? Share your experiences!