This little charmer is clean and sports very nice finishes; upgraded recently. My sister and I booked room #208 which is about the size of a stateroom on a cruise ship. We each had a comfortable twin size bed, a very clean bathroom and a dressing area with a compact refrigerator to keep our beverages cold. Every morning from 8 - 10, the office provides danish pastries, coffee and juice. It is enough to get your "motor" started before a day roaming Avalon or taking in other adventures. We knew what we were getting as we stayed in a King-size balcony room on our first trip here, which was a larger room but noisy with the street traffic and trash trucks early in the morning. Also, with the Von's market next door, delivery trucks broke-up the peaceful quiet of the morning. Crescent Avenue is a mere half-block walk from this lovely hotel. There is NO elevator...so if that will be a problem, don't check-in and then complain. I think of the folks who join gyms for exercise, then whine about stairs. These stairs are wide and carpeted. It's all part of the historic building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend the night at one of the best Catalina Island hotels, the Catalina Island Inn. Catalina Island is only a short sail away, twenty-two miles, from the California mainland, but a world away from the hectic pace. Catalina Island Inn hotel is located in the heart of Avalon, California, steps away from restaurants, shops, tours and the beach at Catalina Island. Walking is a wonderful way to explore our safe and charming town. Visitors don’t need a car to get around. Almost everything is within walking distance. Enjoy a special Catalina Island vacation in one of the Catalina Island Inn family rooms that accommodate up to five people. Catalina Island Inn is large enough to host family reunions & weddings and intimate enough for a romantic getaway.Whether you are on a solo-adventure or traveling with a crowd, the Catalina Island Inn has something for everyone. Rooms ranging from moderate priced twins or queen bed to luxury, harbor view, kings are available. The rooms are beautifully decorated in a clean, contemporary island motif. We are one of the most romantic Catalina hotels. Treat yourself to a relaxing getaway at the Catalina Island Inn hotel.The Catalina Island Inn is pleased to announce the opening of its new ground floor Patio Rooms!!! 5 spectacular new King bedded rooms and private patios with custom fireplaces, nurturing textures, spacious tiled showers, free wi-fi, flat screen TVs, quiet comfort, and lush contemporary décor. A handicap-accessible guest room is also available. It features unique luxury and also meets all ADA guidelines for wheelchair guests needing special conveniences. It includes easily accessible thresholds, widened doorways in addition elegant amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Catalina Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Island Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Island Inn Avalon, CA