I have to say, this hotel really made my trip to Catalina. When booking, Scotty set us up with a fantastic deal, including boat trips back and forth as well as two nights in the Beach House. These guys prices and quality of service really can't be beat anywhere else on the island. We took the Catalina Express from Long Beach, and had called ahead to let the hotel what time our boat would be heading over. We had made a small oversight in not having a ride planned out for when we reached Catalina, but Scotty from the hotel was ready to impress. Minutes after arriving at the dock, as my family and I were confusedly looking around wondering how we would get to our hotel, Scotty called us on our cell phone to make sure we had arrived safely, and to let us know he would be heading down with the free hotel shuttle right away. Moments later, he pulled up in his golf cart "limo" and took us straight to our rooms. The rooms themselves were clean, smelled good, had everything we needed from a stove and a jacuzzi tub, to air freshener and silverware. Also, using the "bat phone" located at the front of the office, any time I needed anything or had any sort of concern, the staff was no more than five minutes away, and eager to resolve any of my issues, day or night. Also, because we traveled in November, the property was essentially empty except for my family and I , and we enjoyed private use of the grill, patio, deck, and garden area. The staff here at the Beach House is pretty spectacular, and made my first trip to Catalina one to remember. They were always ready with great local suggestions on where to eat, where to get the best deals, and all of the local hot spots. Not only WILL I stay with Catalina Beach House Hotel again, but I can hardly to wait to get back there and enjoy the property once more. Definitely a great place to enjoy the beautiful island of Catalina.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming property is located one block uphill from the beach in a quiet residential area still walking distance to the shops and restaurants. Modern kitchenettes and our sunny patios set the scene for relaxing barbecues with family and friends. Store your bikes in our lush courtyards or enjoy lounging on one of our public or semi-private decks with sweeping harbor views. We have some pet friendly rooms. This is the perfect setting for intimate weddings and small events and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Catalina Boat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach House Hotel Avalon
- Catalina Beach Hotel
- Catalina Beach Avalon
- Catalina Boat House Catalina Island/Avalon, CA