“Perfect Romantic Luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
You added Snug Harbor Inn to your Saves list
108 Sumner Ave., Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Avalon
Murrieta, California
“Perfect Romantic Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

The Snug Harbor Inn is ideal for any couple seeking a cozy, romantic, and memorable experience. Their attention to detail was apparent and impressive. His and her slippers were extremely comfortable, which matched, and went well with the ear plugs, sleeping masks, all of which were complimentary. The best part was the wine, accompanied with fancy cheese and hors d'oeuvres served nightly. The beautiful breakfast delivered each morning was phenomenal: Fresh raspberries/blueberries, granola and yogurt, as well as fresh baked bread. One day we were served hot blueberry bread, the next banana nut... each wrapped with a bow and fresh hibiscus flower. You will be extremely satisfied and get your moneys worth by staying at this cozy, yet elegant Inn. The Snug Harbor Inn by far surpasses all other hotels existing in Catalina.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Having never been to Avalon before, i had no idea where to stay. A close friend of mine recommended my fiance and I look into the Snug Harbor Inn. He and his wife frequent there for their romantic getaways. So, I booked the Santa Catalina Suite for three nights and we headed on over. Lets just say i definitely made the right decision. I slept better than i do at my own home. I don't know if it was because of the complimentary wine and cheese served each night, the warm fireplace by our bed, or the eyemasks provided for a solid sleep. Either way, i was very impressed. Breakfast was delivered to the room every morning at the time we selected, it was even set up for us (beautifully, i might add) next to our ocean view window. It seemed the staff had a genuine interest in making our stay enjoyable. We wanted to try the new zip line, but we had no idea where to start, so I asked Donna at the front desk, and she called and made the reservations for us. The attention to detail was superb. Flowers, eye masks, fireplaces, wine, cheese, breakfast in bed, nautical decor, ocean views. I'm very pleased... to say the least. I'd be blessed to stay here again.

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel is located in the heart of Avalon. The room was much smaller than I first thought, and with the description of the jacuzzi tub, I thought that would of been a little larger than it was. The staff was all very nice, and very helpful. I noticed on trip advisor that most of the complaints were sounds of the night life. There is a club on Sumner Ave right under most of the rooms, so the music was loud, but with the windows closed and the TV on, it was usually drowned out. I have two small complaints, one was the sounds of the Jacuzzi jets of our neighbors. Extremely loud and vibrated the whole bathroom floor. Other than that it was great. I thought the continental breakfast was a little small, until we started eating it. It was just the perfect amount, and the bread was amazing. The afternoon wine and cheese was a nice touch. I enjoyed it, as the time they served it seem to work perfectly with everything going on. The last complaint is that they didn't have regular pillows, only down pillows. I am not used to down pillows and I felt like I was being swallowed up by the down pillows. I suggested that the spare pillows that were in the closet should be regular, not down. That's just my personal preference. I also couldn't connect to their wifi, but luckily there were tons of open networks to use.

Addison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We absolutely loved the Snug Harbor Inn. We stayed in the Santa Barbara room, with a nice partial view of the ocean (just as advertised for that room). Because occupancy was short that night, the wine and cheese platters that are normally served in the guest lounge were delivered straight to our door.
Breakfast was also delivered straight to our door at our desired hour.
Umbrellas were available for us to use, which was VERY necessary and wonderful.

Small things to note:
It is worth noting that you must climb two flights of stairs to get there. It was no problem for us, but could be for others.
It also would have been nice to have some games or cards available in the lounge, as it was quite rainy during our trip.
During the day, only instant coffee was available, none brewed. There were plenty of teas, ciders, and hot chocolates to choose from.

Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

First off let me say, I have done a lot of traveling and the service at Snug Harbor is TOP notch. Jesse and Donna are very kind and warm hearted and do their best to make your stay a pleasent one. I took my mom here for her 60th birthday and was so glad I choose Snug Harbor. It is a very small charming and cozy hotel. We had booked the Santa Barbara room which was more then we were expecting. I LOVED the room even though we did not have a full ocean view we were surprised at the view we did have, it was great and we were still able to see the ocean from the bay windows. The hotel itself is again very small but thats what makes it such a great experience. Wine and cheese were served in the evening, but since we were there during off season there were only a few guest staying, so they brought us our wine and etc., to our room and set it up while we were out, which made it a nice surprise when we returned back to our room. In the morning they delivered our breakfast and once again set it up for us. The breakfast was GREAT the poppyseed bread was YUMMY you also get fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, coffee and juices more then enough to get your day started. This is truly one of the BEST B&B i have had the pleasure to stay at.. If you are a little confussed at where to stay at on Catalina Island I promise you can't go wrong staying here. I have stayed at more then a few different hotels in Avalon and in my opinion none match up with Snug. So with out a doubt I will be returning to Snug again and again... Also just wanted to thank Jesse and Donna again for all they do and for making our stay an amazing one!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Visited with my wife on December. Room was very nice and very clean. I brought my own network computer and when I checked in, the front desk automatically gave me log in password. I have stayed in Anacapa Room, at night it was noisy for there was a bar on other side and drunk people was also noisy outside until 2am in the morning. This was out of season so I could imagine how bad it would be in the peak season.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2010

This week my husband and I went to Catalina for one night to celebrate his birthday and we LOVED the Snug Harbor Inn. We stayed in the San Nicholas room which we highly recommend. They had a fabulous wine and appetizer plate brought to your room to eat while we overlooked the whole bay, and they did the same with your breakfast in the AM. The place is literally smack in the middle of the main road so you can walk either way super easily. We went in the off season so it was dead quiet but I could see how if you went in the middle of summer it might be a bit noisy because it is right above the beach but, for us, it was perfect. The customer service was excellent, and every detail of the room was clean and welcoming. We would definitely go back here again and highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple