“"First Class In Every Way"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
108 Sumner Ave., Avalon, Catalina Island, CA 90704   |
Special Offer
Birthday Special!
Ranked #2 of 20 hotels in Avalon
Pasadena, CA
“"First Class In Every Way"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Snug Harbor recently, and loved everything about it. From the very personal welcome to the sunny and refreshing room decor, the first impression gave us a promise of all the good things to come. We loved the cozy robes and slippers, the breakfast delivered to our room, and the comfy bed. It made for the perfect, centralized location to enjoy a wonderful girls' weekend away from it all. It's a lovely place for couples, and we can't wait to come back with our husbands. The Snug Harbor Inn really does it right!

Room Tip: The rooms fronting the main street are a little noisier at night (they even provide earplugs, should...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Folsom, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We loved, loved, loved the Snug Harbor and will definitely be back! From the location, to the decor to the wonderful breakfast, I can't say enough good things about this place. Add in the friendly staff and the wonderful happy hour and we couldn't have made a better choice for our weekend getaway.

Room Tip: The Santa Catalina room is perfect for the view and people watching!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Benicia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Let me just start by saying I'm a hotel snob. I like things first class. The Snug Harbor Inn surpassed any royal treatment I've ever been given in any of the big hotels. They made us feel like family. From the time of booking, I received emails welcoming us with directions & phone numbers. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the most gracious & helpful host who showed us into our room. Awaiting us was a wonderful bottle of champagne & fresh flowers.The Inn has just been remodeled and they didn't miss a trick! Our room was FABULOUS!! We stayed in the Santa Catalina room which had 3 windows that looked directly over the main promenade & the beautiful ocean. The rooms are well insulated so that you don't hear your neighbors & has a cozy fireplace next to the bed. Nightly we were treated to wine & appetizers that were fantastic! A wonderful breakfast is brought to your room in the am, fresh baked goods, granola, fruit & yogurts with coffee & juices. Probably the best "continental breakfast" we've had. There is a nightly turn down service for the most comfy bed ever, which comes with chocolates too! I cannot say enough fabulous things about this place.. They have done everything right, paying attention to the smallest of details. I would absolutely stay here again the next time we come to the island! Thank you to Juan & the staff for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: The best is the Santa Catalina Room for a perfect Ocean view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It's been a while since we stayed at the Snug Harbor Inn but I thought I'd post a review anyway. The long lasting memory I have of this hotel is it is perfect for a romantic getaway. From the layout of the rooms, to the evening of drinks and hors d'oeuvres, to the breakfast in bed, it all made a perfect weekend for couples looking to get away from it all. This was particularly evident by the couples we met while enjoying wine and cheese. Most were all celebrating their anniversaries and all commented how this Inn was the place to be.
The room features and layout were very accommodating. After a long hike in the southern part of the island, it was nice to come back to our room, start the gas fireplace and fall into the luxurious sheets. Being one who enjoys a hearty breakfast complete with eggs and bacon, I can honestly say their continental breakfast was quite delicious - and more importantly, healthy. The only drawbacks I have - and I knew this before I booked it - was early check-in was unavailable and the noise at night can rather loud. We stayed in the Anacapa room which faces the street. It's no fault of the hotels and they do provide ear plugs. All in all, I easily recommend the Snug Harbor Inn for a romantic getaway. It offers the perfect amenities allowing you to get away from it all at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Anacapa room faces the street - so if you can handle a little bit of noise, it's a perfectly acc...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lititz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had a group of 6 people traveling from Pennsylvania. We arrived on a morning ferry, and only one of our rooms was ready. We stowed all our luggage in that room, took off for 2 tours, and arrived back at the Inn for their Happy Hour. It was a nice welcome after a long day. The Inn is in the center of town, and everyone who works there is very friendly. The rooms are lovely.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view to really enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We were treated like royalty. We were celebrating my birthday, and they really made me feel special. I enjoyed it plenty. I was greated at my room with ballons, a bottle of chAmpagne, and a birthday card. Next morning, breakfast at my bed. Every evening they had adevours and wine for the guests, free movies, and other ammenities. The whole time they tried to make us feel welcomed and comfortable. I totally recommend this hotel. I will definetly go back again, soon I hope!

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We checked in way earlier then expected and to our surprise our room was ready. Not only that, but we got an upgrade to one of the largest rooms. With panoramic views of the ocean and the streets lit up for Christmas and their xmas tree right out our window, the room exceeded expectations. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. I would recommend this to all my friends when visiting Catalina. This was one of the most carefree and relaxing trips of my life.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Snug Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!