“Exceeded our expectations!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snug Harbor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Snug Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Avalon
Villa Park, California
“Exceeded our expectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We took our family to Snug Harbor for the Friday after Thanksgiving. We had five of the six rooms. Every room was decorated really nice and had a fireplace and a jacuzzi tub. The rooms were super clean and we enjoyed our stay immensely. Snug Harbor goes the extra mile with a cocktail and appetizer hour in the late afternoon and a wonderful in-room breakfast in the morning! They even have a coffee and tea station set up for early risers. Everyone we came in contact with, Juan, Alex and Jessie, were extremely helpful and friendly. We loved Snug Harbor!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Escalon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went here to get away from it all and it was amazing. Donna and Alex both went out of there way to make us feel at home and pampered us with out question. We stayed in the Santa Barbara room and it was perfect for the two of us. The bed was comfortable and I slept good, I never sleep good. Waking up to coffee brewing was my personal thing I love to wake up early and enjoy my morning coffee and watch the world wake up. The breakfast kept us full most all day. The wine and cheese kept us from even wanting to eat dinner at night. We also met another guest Karen who was there and we became great friends. The trip was wonderful and we cannot wait to go back. There was too much to do on the island so we have to back again. We will stay here again it was so wroth it. Thank you Snug Harbor for making this a trip that I will brag about forever. I am so looking forward to going back to a place that made me feel special. Great job Donna and Alex!

Room Tip: The Santa Barbara was smaller but I liked the feel and I love the partial view of the ocean from my...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our 1-year anniversary. More specifically, we stayed in the Anacapa room, and we absolutely LOVED IT!! It was clean, spacious, and wonderfully decorated with a nautical theme and colors. Breakfast was brought to us each morning in a basket and included more than you could ask for! Service was top of the line. Wine and cheese in the evening was a very nice perk. I would definitely stay here again if we go back to Avalon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I am a California native who had never been to Catalina Island. For my birthday in May I requested that my husband and I take a few days away to Catalina. What a treat! We looked for B and B's and found Snug Harbor Inn, From the start we felt very welcome and at home. There was an evening appetizer and wine gathering each night with some great choices. We met some very fun guests and enjoyed the snacks. In the mornings, delicious breakfasts were brought to our room. Boy, did I feel pampered! The location was perfect and centrally located. We enjoyed watching street performers nearby and strolling around the harbor. All of the staff members we encountered were friendly and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: We tend make reservations not too far in advance. For a choice of rooms, you might try booking fart...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We arrived with anticipation to relax and take in the site. This B&B so cozy, that we did more relaxing than exploring. Its central location to shops and restaurants, outstanding staff, and the ever so good light morning meals, were even more encouraging to take it easy. Oh, did I fail to mention the 5 - 6 wine and cheese hour? It is a must for all the 'grown and sexy' folks who want to ditch the crowds.

Room Tip: We stayed in the St. Nicholas room for a waterfront view
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The location is primo on the island. We chose the middle of the week in the fall and it was lovely. The staff was as nice, friendly, and helpful as could be. The breakfast is brought to your room at whatever time you specify because there is not a large enough room to serve breakfast at tables. There is an intimate lounge where they serve wine and appetizers (yummy ones, too) in the eve and where you can chat with other guests. In the summertime and probably on busy week-ends, I'm sure it can get noisy because you are down among 'em in the heart of it all. That's why they furnish ear-plugs. The beds are wonderfully comfy. We had a room with bay windows, and the view is fabulous. It's so much fun watching the activity among the boats that are moored right i front of the B&B.

Room Tip: The two rooms with a bay window overlooking the main street are the best for views.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at the Snug Harbor Inn for a brief honeymoon after a big wedding celebration....exactly the right choice for a relaxed, slow-down couple of days. Our visit was exquisite - charmingly decorated room and bath, sumptous bed, great amenities, thoughtful staff, and lovely continental breakfast (fresh-out-of-oven banana nut bread to die for!). The location is ideal to the center of town, but somehow feels secluded and quiet. Could not recommend this more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Snug Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!