“Wonderful dive experience with knowledgeable guide!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 60 Activities in Avalon
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Catalina Snorkel & Scuba is your gateway to underwater diving adventure in the waters off Catalina Island. Whether you’re looking for an afternoon of fun or a lifetime of marine experiences, our professional staff will help you and your family design a diving adventure for everyone. Catalina Snorkel and Scuba welcomes divers of all experience levels. Whether diving is like second nature to you, or the largest body of water you’ve ever been in is a public pool, you’ll feel comfortable diving and snorkeling with the pros at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. When you make your reservation with us, you can rest assured you’re in good hands!
Dominical, Costa Rica
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful dive experience with knowledgeable guide!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We met Diver Dave at his office near Lovers Cove for an 8am dive. This was my first dive in California and I was a bit hesitant due to the water temp but He put us at ease and fitted us with all the required gear. He was prepared, professional and knowledgeable of the area. He pointed out sharks, eels, starfish and so many different things I don't recall making the dive that much more interesting. I will definitely return!

“Lover's Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our guide (Dave) was amazing. We saw tons of wildlife including a jellyfish and even a lobster!

FYI: this tour is "GoPro Friendly!" He let us barrow a pole that we were able to clip our GoPro right into and we were able to capture "The Frenzy!"

Overall it was a time and we look forward to the SCUBA DIVE tour next!

Visited June 2012
motraveler23
7 attraction reviews
“Catalina Dive Shop (aka Catalina Snorkel & Scuba) is outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I dove with Dave this past weekend on a guided dive in the Casino underwater park. As we prepared for the dive and took the short trip to the park, Dave explained the aspects of colder water diving that I needed to understand (additional weight needed, wet suit compression, bouyancy adjustments, etc.) Dave is very personable, thorough and patient. I felt like I was diving with a friend who was experienced and knew every corner of the dive site. My interest was in taking underwater video, and Dave tailored the dive to my goals. I recommend this dive operation.

Visited April 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Perfect all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

A group of us arranged a couple of days of diving with "Diver" Dave. I have dived a lot and all over the world and having a dive guide that enthusiastic after he has been diving for all these years is rare. The organisation was relaxed but efficient - just what you need from a short break. My last dive was a one hour night dive - one of the best dives I have ever done. Fantastic! I was also very touched by how hard he tried to help me find my log book which I accidentally left at the Catalina Ferry dock.

Visited October 2011
San Diego, California, United States
“dave has patience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Well, I decided to take myself and 3 children (16,14, 12) diving for my birthday weekend. First time in cold water for myself and kids. First couple of dives were tough for me, but the kids did much better. I kinda violated all diving rules within the first day. Dave stayed very calm, patience and in control of all of us. He listened to our concern and needs and addressed them right away. He made sure our equipment was perfect and that we were comfortable with our dives. Myself, the mother, seemed to have the most problems with buoyancy, staying with group, and keeping hands to herself...but Dave never made me feel inadequate and encouraged me to remember the rules. Overall, we had a fabulous time and we were all proud of our accomplishments. He made sure we saw many things and dealing with cold water. Thanks Dave..I'll be back if you still want me

Visited October 2011