“dave has patience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 52 activities in Avalon
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Catalina Snorkel & Scuba is your gateway to underwater diving adventure in the waters off Catalina Island. Whether you’re looking for an afternoon of fun or a lifetime of marine experiences, our professional staff will help you and your family design a diving adventure for everyone. Catalina Snorkel and Scuba welcomes divers of all experience levels. Whether diving is like second nature to you, or the largest body of water you’ve ever been in is a public pool, you’ll feel comfortable diving and snorkeling with the pros at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba. When you make your reservation with us, you can rest assured you’re in good hands!
San Diego, California, United States
“dave has patience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Well, I decided to take myself and 3 children (16,14, 12) diving for my birthday weekend. First time in cold water for myself and kids. First couple of dives were tough for me, but the kids did much better. I kinda violated all diving rules within the first day. Dave stayed very calm, patience and in control of all of us. He listened to our concern and needs and addressed them right away. He made sure our equipment was perfect and that we were comfortable with our dives. Myself, the mother, seemed to have the most problems with buoyancy, staying with group, and keeping hands to herself...but Dave never made me feel inadequate and encouraged me to remember the rules. Overall, we had a fabulous time and we were all proud of our accomplishments. He made sure we saw many things and dealing with cold water. Thanks Dave..I'll be back if you still want me

Visited October 2011

san diego
“Diving visibililty was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I went diving with Dave at Catalina Snorkel and Scuba
Dave was good to dive with because he explained everything clearly to me so I know what to expect underwater which is important for me to be able to relax and enjoy the dive. I would dive with him again if it weren't for the fact I won't be doing much diving in cold water anymore...
Thanks, Dave!

Visited October 2011
Tustin, California
“Totally worth it!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

I was met by a man calling me by first name. This man was the one helping me with my equipment. He was witty and made me laugh and forget my nerves. My instruktor was a man with alot of experience and he was so kunning. The company was small but very professional. The waters were beautyful with plenty of colorful hish and amazing kelp!
I really loved my scuba dive with the company and will definitly use them again and can higly recomend them!

Visited September 2011
Ventura, ca
“Excellent snorkel leader, great views of colorful local fish, clear water.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We have snorkeled many places, but this was our first time to swim with the colorful fish in a seaweed forest! Our snorkel leader brought us several of the local shellfish and was an impressive diver who enjoyed showing us Lover's Cove. We plan to go again!

Visited August 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
63 attraction reviews
“Great CA diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

The diving here in NOV was a tad cold even with a 7mm but it was still real nice diving. We dove off of Casino Point in the marine preserve dive park. Had a great time! I would definately dive here again and again

Visited November 2010