“Best kept secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 47 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located between the beautiful casino & avalon bay. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast or lunch outdoors or just come out for a refreshing cocktail & delicious snacks. Catering available for all occasions.
“Best kept secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Avalon and one of our favorite eating places is the Casino Dock Café. We just found out that it is under new management and better than ever. The bar is a fun place to have drinks with George and especially Patrick at the helm. The restaurant is on the water with a great view of Avalon Bay. Try their Breakfast Burrito with a side of fresh made guacamole of their specialty the Port Hole and for lunch the Fish Tacos cannot be beat, you get 3 for under $10.00. Recently I had ONE fish taco at Malibu Seafood $6.95, the fish was overcooked, very dry, no comparison to the one I had at the CDC. The also have live music just about every day. A great place to relax. This is truly the best kept secret in Avalon.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect carnitas - who would have guessed?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

A friend and I stopped in after scuba diving Casino Point. He gave me a "why are you ordering THAT here?" look after I asked for carnitas tacos and I can't say that I blamed him. The cafe looks like a place to order a burger or fish and chips. When the tacos arrived I said "they look right and smell right too" - I gave him a piece of pork and we both agreed that they were fantastic. If you've read my other restaurant reviews you know that I'm a recreational chef of all food. I make carnitas at home and this was better.

Such a surprise! I went in and bought their t-shirt after lunch so I can keep spreading the word.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
El Monte, California
“No longer Pedro's Bar...Now called Breakwater Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We normally will stop at "Pedros Bar" but found it had changed. We still had a very nice time there. We went snorkeling off Casino Point so after we were done we stopped in. It was still very good and we had a person on a guitar singing at the bar too. The view is great...you have Avalon Bay on one side and the Casino on the other. Very relaxing!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Great weekend spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Bar now being run by the one and only Patrick Alexander and he knows his cocktails .
Right beside the sea and boats, good music at weekends( afternoons) and a good buzz. Great place to chill out, have a beer/cocktail and a bite to eat.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you're into dive bars, this is the place for you. Except it's so much more awesome than a dive bar because it's outside, over the water, and they have live music! Their ceviche was my favorite thing on the menu and a bucket of Coronas paired perfectly. And exceptional happy hour spot.

• Visited September 2013