“Weren't allowed on the tour” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 60 Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Santa Catalina Island’s “outback” in a comfortable, open air, H1 Hummer powered by biofuel. With spectacular views, wild habitats and educational displays, this is truly a unique tour.This tour ventures through scenic Middle Ranch Canyon and explores Cape Canyon in the heart of Catalina's interior. You’ll see the Middle Ranch habitats of the American Bald Eagle and Catalina Island Fox. Then it’s off to the scenic Little Harbor overlook on the windward side of the island for spectacular views. You'll travel to the Airport in the Sky, 1600 feet above sea level where you will enjoy a complimentary lunch and visit the Conservancy Nature Center’s educational displays.
San Diego, California
“Weren't allowed on the tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Booked the tour and thankfully we went the day before to get the tickets. They told us no one under 5 yrs of age could go. That pretty much canceled us out (two of my kids are under 3!) Their web site and call center never mentioned it. The manager told us the tour is not for any kids who talk a lot or are restless, as this is a long trip - 4.35 hrs. Glad we found out before we got there the day of the booked tour.

Visited June 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Incredible experience on the Cape Canyon Expedition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I went on the Cape Canyon expedition guided by Bear. The tour was amazing. Bear was very knowledgeable as well friendly. He explained the history while pointing out all the interesting aspects of the island. The scenery was beautiful. The interior of the Island is as captivating as the exterior. We saw ranches, the Airport, as well as the windward side of the island and Mt Orizaba . Topping off the tour, we saw various herds of Bison as well as a bald and a golden eagle. It was a memorable experience for my daughter and I. We would highly recommend the tour.

Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“You haven't seen Catalina til you see it this way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We took the 4 hour Cape Canyon tour with Bear. We can't imagine coming to Catalina and not venturing outside of Avalon. What a marvelous place, and we learned so much history as well as environmental facts from Bear, a wealth of knowledge and corny jokes! We got out at Shark Cove, and an Eagle Preserve where we saw 2 convalescing Eagles, both needed breaks to stretch our legs. We also had lunch at airport in the sky, which was quite acceptable. A real restaurant, not "airport food". We saw a fox, buffalo galore, fat squirrels, eagle, hawk and many other birds I do not know the name. Beautiful scenery, especially the west side coves. It was cold, I had a jacket, many others used the blankets. Highly recommend.

Alhambra, California
“GREAT WAY TO SEE SOME OF THE INTERIOR OF THE ISLAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My Wife and I went to the Island for our 1st Anniversary. She has never been, so we took this tour, so she can see a good part of the Island. Well let me tell you, BEAR, our tour guide, truly knows his stuff and made the tour enjoyable. He took us around, made us laugh, helped take pictures for us (the tour had 7 other people with us, so total 9) He even sang happy birthday to one of the guest. Got up up close, while being safe distance, to some of the wildlife on the island. He even took us up to the airport so we can have lunch. My wife and I had a blast and we would definitely recommend everyone to take this tour. We still talk about it to this day. Thanks BEAR for a exciting adventure!!

Paso Robles, Californie
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was a fun time and experience. Our driver/guide, Bear, was a lot of fun and had a lot of knowledge about the island.