“Interesting History Lesson” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 60 Activities in Avalon
More attraction details
Owner description: Step back in time 70 years to an era when big band leaders were king and “talkie” motion pictures were the latest fad. Put yourself in the footsteps of the performers and crew who made the Casino one of the most exciting places on earth.The Casino building is a working theater, ballroom, and concert hall to this day. Focusing on the cultural history of the building, this one-of-a-kind tour brings you unprecedented access to backstage areas that very few people are allowed to see; including the "green" room and editing room.
Studio City, California, United States
“Interesting History Lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I think this tour is a must for anyone visiting Catalina. The Casino holds so much history and this tour can take you back to a time when this building was the place to be and be seen. The balcony off the ball room is an amazing spot for picture taking! We will tell everyone to take this tour when they visit.

Visited January 2013

Thousand Oaks, California
“Somewhat bad customer service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Booked the Behind the Scenes Casino Tour for Sunday January, 6. Paid good money for it. Showed up on time and was informed that the tour was cancelled because of the tour guide illness. The lady at the window was expremely pleasant. She immediately refunded my money and gave me a pass for the museum. I rate her a 4 Star. I rate the tour a 0-1 star and hence the 2 star rating. I understand that this is a small island but there should have been a back-up guide. This was the first time that my wife and I went to Catalina and I don't know when we might go back. We were looking very much forward to the tour. Instead we saw nothing. There were people working in the Casino at the time and it might have been offered for us to just take a quick look at the theater and ballroom just to get a quick idea of what it was like. But nothing.

Visited January 2013
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Joe is the man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I took this tour with ma main man Joe, he made it incredible. If it weren't for him I think I never would've appreciated the casino and all its majesty. Thank you Joe.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Porschia was Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Took the tour on August 3rd and thoroughly enjoyed it. The tour guide, Porschia, was a delight. At the end of the tour she sang the song, "Avalon", a cappella. I recorded the video of her performance on my iPhone. She said it was the first time anyone had done that!

Visited August 2012
Fountain Valley, California
“Joe K. was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Terrific tour of the the casino - stage, ballroom, and behind the scenes. Joe was amazing! Great voice, easy to listen to... a wealth of information.

Visited June 2012