“Zipline” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
$267*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Dropping from 500ft. to 60ft. above sea level with one run that is 1,100 linear feet long. Travel close to three quarters of a mile over five consecutive zips at speeds pushing 45mph. The tour lasts approximately two hours. Reservations are highly recommended.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Temecula, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Zipline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Loved the zips. Amanda and Dakota were great. It's a bit pricey but really enjoyed the ride. There were only 5 zips. There were 4 in our group so we made it in less than 90 minutes from instruction time to finish.

Visited May 2013

“Unfair policy for tourist”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Only try this if your certain you will be able to zip, my husband and I were in California on vacation from texas and decided to take a day trip to Catalina. When we heard about the zip line we both jumped to it and were excited to try it out. As part of the policy it does say they have no refunds and in order to get a refund you must cancel reservations 24 hrs prior. When your there for one day and purchase tickets that same day how is that possible or fair? The problem was we arrived in Catalina a little before noon ate lunch and then bought our tickets for that afternoon. Unfortunately once we were at the top were the zip line starts I had an anxiety attack and was having palpitations, sweaty hands, shaking, shortness of breath, and almost in tears needless to say I was terrified. Even after seeing my husband and others zip I could not find myself to do it, and asked to be taken back down. I met up with my husband once his zipping was done which he says he did enjoy we waited to speak to the owner about a possible refund. We then are told by him that apparently once you even put the helmet on your ticket/refund is forfeited. He did say we can have a voucher for another time, but with that voucher you cannot make reservations you can only show up as a stand by and maybe you will zip. In reality if I could not zip that day why would I or any customer go back to be on stand by? I found this to be very unfriendly and unrealistic for tourists since we live at least 14 hours away and are not privileged to take vacations at any time. Not only was I a mess from my freak out I had to be ok with the fact that I got nothing more than an anxiety attack for a little over 100 dollars. Mind you we were the last group of the day and they cap out groups at 10 people we were a group of 6, in other words I did not take a spot someone was waiting for. Between us and the group that began 30 minutes ahead of us the owner cashed in close to 2000 dollars but could not refund 1 ticket due to an unexpected event? I call that American greed. Tourist trap if your not careful/certain this is something for you. Otherwise the scenery and zip is nice from what I was told.

Levittown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The 2 hour zip line eco tour and the 2 hour east end hummer tour made Catalina Island well worth the trip. Elena and Dakota were our guides on the zip line tour and they were awesome. Our youngest son was afraid before going, but they made it so that he felt safe and unafraid. He had such a great time that he kept asking if we could go again. These two tours - seriously, were the highlight of our weeklong vacation to Southern California. They were amazing!!

Santa Ana, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Guides were great! Zip line was awsome. One of those rides you want to turn around and get right back on for another ride.

“Flying at 50”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Kevin & Luis you are Awesome, it was a great way to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Starfish! Cannonball! Two new words, lol. Thanks and I will be back to do the twilight zip. Weeeeeeeeeee