“Won't go again” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Lobster mac n' cheese, Cioppino and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts. No reservations necessary.
Moreno Valley, California, United States
“Won't go again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food is well, however, is very expensive. My friend and I went to for early dinner, and there are a lot of flies. With this pice of food, they need to take care do the flies.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California
“very nice, but expensive...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Food, drinks, and service was very good, but the AG is one of the most expensive restaurants on the island. One thing that really bothered me was that we were asked if we wanted flay or sparkling water. We said flat...........just water. We were brought a bottle of their (supposedly) bottled on-site water, which I would imagine is expensive. To their credit, they did remove the charge from our bill without question. I'm not cheap, but bringing me unnecessary things I don't want and attempting to charge me for them, just really bothers me. Other than that minor incident, we had a great meal at a lovely restaurant and would go back again...

Visited August 2013
Dana Point, California
“Hughley disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I hate leaving bad reviews however, this place rates a terrible review because they have no clue about the hospitality business. If you check my review from last year, you will see I left a glowing review, even after the screw up with our reservation. Most of our ladies group of seven, have at one time or another been in the hospitality industry, granted many years ago but we still get it, Avalon Grille does not!

We had hoped to be able to put this on our annual ladies trip tradition but their treatment of us has turned us off to the point. We would never patronage this restaurant again.

After, trying for months to make a reservation and failing after attempting to contact them by email etc., we went into Avalon Grille, Friday after our arrival and made a reservation, I clearly asked we be seated outside on the patio and was not disabused that we could not be accommodated. We asked for an 8:00 reservation and were told 8:15 would be better for them, so we agreed. Upon arrival, the hostess led us to an inside table. When we pointed out we had reserved a patio table, we were told we may have to wait 20-30 minutes and there was no guarantee we would be seated by then. We eat late but to wait until 9:00 or possibly later is ridiculous.

We were told by management, they were in the business of serving food, I thought the hospitality business was about serving people! MacDonalds serves food, not people!

We declined what was a less then generous offer and went to Steve's, where we were seated in about five minutes and proceeded to have a fabulous meal! With wonderful service! We spent $940( a few bottles of Vueve helps) and Steve's Steakhouse and our fabulous service, from the adorable Brandon, seemed to appreciate our custom. We appreciate restaurants that want our business, why ever would we want to spend our hard earned money with a business like Avalon Grille, save your money and aggravation. What an unfortunate waste of a great location! These employees have no clue, they are counting on no repeat business but novice tourists, a one time shot, not a good way to build a business.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy, Great Location, Creative Eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our food took a very long time to arrive, but was delicious when it did. The drinks were completely watered down, and I am a light weight! The place was never packed - we think the weak drinks may be a reason. The food was yummy and well cooked. The waitress was very polite and accommodating. We would return and just order sodas with our dinner or lunch :))

Visited July 2013
Chicago
“Allergy friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

They serve great fresh seafood, and they were easily able to make accommodations for my milk allergy. Their standard margarita is the size of two margaritas.

• Visited August 2013