“Yummy food, great bartender, chef and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Avalon Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 46 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Catalina Avenue
Description: Avalon's waterfront dining, located at the foot of the Green Pleasure Pier, is open seven days a week for lunch (Fri-Sun) and dinner with a lively, central bar and open air dining. The Avalon Grille features American regional dishes with a seasonal approach, paired with a world class selection of wines, micro-brew beers and cocktails in a casual and fun "al fresco" atmosphere overlooking Avalon Bay. The Avalon Grille boasts a fabulous menu including Lobster mac n' cheese, Cioppino and our famous Roasted Brussels Sprouts. No reservations necessary.
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy food, great bartender, chef and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very classy yet fun bar/restaurant. Had sooo much fun sitting at the bar being served by the wonderful Stacy. Even though we arrived from the Catalina Express late, they still served us dinner. Make sure you try the brussel sprout appetiser, it is mouth watering, trust Stacy, everything she suggested we liked. On the 2nd night, it was so good, we ate there again and Chef John created a wonderful vegetarian pasta dish for me, it was delicious! In all the places I've visited throughout the States, this has definitely been the best atmosphere and service I've ever received. Thanks everyone at Avalon Grille, made our stay on Catalina extra special!

Visited October 2012
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for dining with us at the Avalon Grille. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am delighted to share your rave review to my entire team. I am proud of Stacey and John who went out of their way to make you feel welcomed and showed genuine care to ensure your dining experience was memorable. They will be very happy that you remembered their names.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille on your next visit to Catalina Island.

New York City, New York
“Nice yet pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had a fun meal there on a recent Monday night. Everything was quite enjoyable, apart from the salmon entree which ended up being over $30 while really small. Would definitely recommend keeping an eye on menu items that are listed as MP.

Visited October 2012
CatalinaSCICo, Manager at Avalon Grille, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your dining experience at the Avalon Grille. We appreciate your constructive comments which will enable us to continually improve our service and food quality for our guests.

I am delighted to read your assessment of your overall experience but would like to extend my apologies for the experience you encountered regarding the quality of food. I can assure you that I will address it immediately with my team.

We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to the Avalon Grille in the near future.

Thousand Oaks, California
“Good, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We spent a beautiful California afternoon on Catalina Island, and stopped for lunch at Avalon Grille. We were seated in a great location, right in front of an open window. The restaurant itself is lovely, low key, in very good taste. We started with the grilled Brussels sprouts with hazelnuts. They were delicious. The serving was very generous. I ordered the Bibb lettuce salad with pecans and apples. The pecans were dusted with cinnamon, which was a surprise. Not bad, but unexpected. My husband had a Caesar salad with chicken. All in all it was a nice meal, but ended up being 55.00 with tip, no drinks. A lot for salad and an appetizer, but hey, it's an island.

North Jackson, Ohio
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband recently went to Catalina Island for the first time and we ate twice at the Avalon Grille. The food was very good and the server behind the bar, Stacy, was exceptional. She was very friendly and outgoing and I felt like I had known her for years.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to share your rave review to my entire team. I am proud of Stacey who went out her way to make you feel welcomed and showed genuine care to ensure your dining experience was memorable. Stacey will be very happy that you remembered her name.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. and recommending our restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Grille on your next visit to Catalina Island.

tucson
“Raphael truly is an angel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Wonderful meal, cheerful service by Raphael and a warm, starry night. What more could the island offer?